Webcam blurr when streaming

Caennanu

Good day all,

Couldn't find an area specific for streaming, and since pc gaming comes closest, i figured i'd post here.

So, friend of mine is experience an issue, where during streaming his cam blurrs out, like it suddenly drops resolution.

He experiences this issue both with a C922 and a Streamcam. Both directly connected to the mainboard eliminating any types of hubs.

Tested it with both OBS and SLOBS (running in admin mode). Have adjusted both playing resolution from 1440p to 1080p, as setting cam from 1080@60 to 480@30 and any cam setting in between. Used Nvidia Broadcast, logitech's own software and directly feeding the source into the streaming software.

Furthermore, we have tested it with both Nvenc new as with H264, with H264 game screen starts to pixelate when moving. It happens when streaming and in local recording. Adjusted bitrate between 4500 and 6000. Bitrate in dashboard stays stable.

During recording / streaming, there is not a single core hitting 100% only hitting 70% max. GPU is roughly around the 50 - 60% range.

Issue does not happen when streaming Xbox gameplay thru capture card.

Drivers are up to date, AMD power schedule is selected. Verified that Mem is indeed running at 3200mhz, no OC applied, 

His system specs:

Ryzen 3900X

RTX 2080TI

32GB corsair CL16 @3200mhz

Asus ROG Strix X570

Elgato HD60 pro capture card (for Xbox gaming)

USB connected devices:

Keyboard / Mouse

Microphone

Xbox controller dongle

Steamcam

C922

Wireless dongle headset

Any more suggestions are welcome, we're at a loss!

Gamesystem: X3700, 32GB memory @3200mhz, GTX1080 Hybrid

Unraid system: Epyc 7352, 24/48, 96GB ECC buffered @2666mhz, 2x GT710, GTX1050Ti

SLOBs and OBS are basicially the same thing. So I wouldn't count the other as a 100% way of "trying different software".  Can you try fsplit or another? I pretty much help streamers on a daily basis with stuff like this. If you want you can have them add me on discord and we can talk over chat as it's way easier than this

17 minutes ago, Zer0mavrick said:

SLOBs and OBS are basicially the same thing. So I wouldn't count the other as a 100% way of "trying different software".  Can you try fsplit or another? I pretty much help streamers on a daily basis with stuff like this. If you want you can have them add me on discord and we can talk over chat as it's way easier than this

I am that said person. Samurai#1331 in discord please add

is there a sample video you can post to youtube and embed here?

-sigh- feeling like I'm being too negative lately

55 minutes ago, Caennanu said:

Good day all,

Couldn't find an area specific for streaming, and since pc gaming comes closest, i figured i'd post here.

So, friend of mine is experience an issue, where during streaming his cam blurrs out, like it suddenly drops resolution.

He experiences this issue both with a C922 and a Streamcam. Both directly connected to the mainboard eliminating any types of hubs.

Tested it with both OBS and SLOBS (running in admin mode). Have adjusted both playing resolution from 1440p to 1080p, as setting cam from 1080@60 to 480@30 and any cam setting in between. Used Nvidia Broadcast, logitech's own software and directly feeding the source into the streaming software.

Furthermore, we have tested it with both Nvenc new as with H264, with H264 game screen starts to pixelate when moving. It happens when streaming and in local recording. Adjusted bitrate between 4500 and 6000. Bitrate in dashboard stays stable.

During recording / streaming, there is not a single core hitting 100% only hitting 70% max. GPU is roughly around the 50 - 60% range.

Issue does not happen when streaming Xbox gameplay thru capture card.

Drivers are up to date, AMD power schedule is selected. Verified that Mem is indeed running at 3200mhz, no OC applied, 

His system specs:

Ryzen 3900X

RTX 2080TI

32GB corsair CL16 @3200mhz

Asus ROG Strix X570

Elgato HD60 pro capture card (for Xbox gaming)

USB connected devices:

Keyboard / Mouse

Microphone

Xbox controller dongle

Steamcam

C922

Wireless dongle headset

Any more suggestions are welcome, we're at a loss!

compression

Ryzen 3 1200

8GB DDR4

1050Ti

#animeaspfpgang

Seems to have been solved, lowering the streaming resolution and lowering the bitrate.

Gamesystem: X3700, 32GB memory @3200mhz, GTX1080 Hybrid

Unraid system: Epyc 7352, 24/48, 96GB ECC buffered @2666mhz, 2x GT710, GTX1050Ti

23 hours ago, Caennanu said:

Seems to have been solved, lowering the streaming resolution and lowering the bitrate.

Just to make sure I read correctly, same thing was happening while recording too? Or was the recording just with certain codec? If so, then the reason might be server-side compression/encoding. And with recording the write speed of the drive.

Also moved to Programs, Apps and Websites. Reason is that streaming is more often about software and services than games being streamed.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv