Anybody tested 5gbps 3meter (9.84 feet) USB type C to Type C cable?

papajo

So guys I would like the cheapest cable possible (by that I know tis gonna cost more than e.g 10$ but compared to all the cables that meet the spec I mentioned I want the cheapest one) 

It needs to be usb type C on both ends. 

It needs to be 3 meters long (9.84 feet)  or at least more than (but not equal to) 2 meters (6.56 feet)

I need you to confirm through personal experience (or by knowing someone who has such a cable and indeed gets that speed) for the cable you are going to recommend me (hopefully :) ) because I can google cables myself no issue it's just that many are fakes or lower quality and despite having in the title things like "4k" or "usb 3.1 gen 2" etc they actually wont meet the spec and I cant know better so I need you to really be sure that the cable you gonna mention is going to work at USB 3.1 Gen 1 speeds (= 5gbps) 

An other way of knowing that the cable is good (incase you are not sure about the bandwidth) is if you can drive a 4k monitor @ 60hz with it, or are able to use a VR headset with it (with resolution per eye similar to Oculus rift or higher) 

Thanks guyz you are da real MVPs :') 

I have one of these 

https://www.amazon.ca/Cable-Matters-Transfer-Charging-Portable/dp/B07PPVMYRV/ref=sr_1_19?dchild=1&keywords=10ft+thunderbolt+3&qid=1601257779&sr=8-19

it's for charging my laptop and the occasional file transfer and it works really well. Don't really understand why but it is directional so I always have to use the blue side from the source and the red for whatever it's going to, even though data does have a return line within the connector and works in both directions when transferring it always has to be blue source red output. 

The best gaming PC is the PC you like to game on, how you like to game on it

14 minutes ago, GhostRoadieBL said:

I have one of these 

https://www.amazon.ca/Cable-Matters-Transfer-Charging-Portable/dp/B07PPVMYRV/ref=sr_1_19?dchild=1&keywords=10ft+thunderbolt+3&qid=1601257779&sr=8-19

it's for charging my laptop and the occasional file transfer and it works really well. Don't really understand why but it is directional so I always have to use the blue side from the source and the red for whatever it's going to, even though data does have a return line within the connector and works in both directions when transferring it always has to be blue source red output. 

lol fun fact I am in Europe and I googled "40 Canadian dollars in.." and the first dropdown result was "40 Canadian dollars in rupees" xD 

I dont seem to be able to find it though in europe :/ importing it would be too expensive for me (the shipping costs are going to double its price + conversion rate fee + 24% vat calculated on top of the total cost with shipping) 

But I am still skeptic because 3 meters are not supposed to be able to give you 10Gbps they can only give you 5Gbps... could you please at your earliest convenience benchmark your cable transfer rates ? In case I dont get any other recommendation I may force my self to import it :P (hope not though) 

2 minutes ago, papajo said:

I am still skeptic because 3 meters are not supposed to be able to give you 10Gbps they can only give you 5Gbps

I assume that's why it's directional, there is a box in the middle of the line at around 5ft which looks identical to a signal repeater using the power pins to increase the signal strength. 

it maxes out my portable SSD but that's still only 500mb/s I don't have anything faster other than internal NVME

The best gaming PC is the PC you like to game on, how you like to game on it

-> Moved to Peripherals

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv