Help!

Dayday1807

Please help!!!

I have built a brand new pc and it keeps crashing whenever I do anything on it like download something or try to play a game. I have just switched my graphics card from a 1060 to a 2060 and now I am experiencing these issues. 

my build is 

intel I 5 8400

geforce rtx 2060

Mother board: ASrock b365 pro 4

Ram: Oloy 2x 8 Gb 

CPU cooler: Cooler Master hyper 212 RGB 

power supply: Thermaltake smart series 500 w

The pc will crash and peripherals turn off and power button does not work. To restart I need to unplug the power supply. I believe the issue has to do with the power supply any thoughts. I believe the power supply cannot handle my build with my new graphics card because the issue did not happen with the old one.

PLEASE HELP.

The power consumption on the 1030 is around 120w and for the 2060 is 180w (while gaming), so yes it could be the PSU.

Try to use HWInfo and the +12v on the sensors.

And the PSU Tier List 4.0 rev. 14.4 if you going to buy another one.

Double check if you installed the new card correctly (well sit, GPU external conector) and check if the memories are well seated too.

Will do thanks! One last question if the power supply is the issue would the P.C. turn on and then when I try to download anything or run anything a tad bit demanding it would crash. Would that make sense for the PSU to be the issue?

Did you DDU the old drivers?

Quote me to see my reply!

SPECS:

CPU: Ryzen 7 3700X Motherboard: MSI B450-A Pro Max RAM: 32GB I forget GPU: MSI Vega 56 Storage: 256GB NVMe boot, 512GB Samsung 850 Pro, 1TB WD Blue SSD, 1TB WD Blue HDD PSU: Inwin P85 850w Case: Fractal Design Define C Cooling: Stock for CPU, be quiet! case fans, Morpheus Vega w/ be quiet! Pure Wings 2 for GPU Monitor: 3x Thinkvision P24Q on a Steelcase Eyesite triple monitor stand Mouse: Logitech MX Master 3 Keyboard: Focus FK-9000 (heavily modded) Mousepad: Aliexpress cat special Headphones:  Sennheiser HD598SE and Sony Linkbuds

🏳️‍🌈

What does that mean?

14 hours ago, Dayday1807 said:

What does that mean?

Sorry I’m not the best with this stuff.

How do I DDU the old drivers.