Old Laptop ssd upgrade help!

Jakemd95

I have a acer travelmate 8371 series laptop, 944g50n that I'm trying to upgrade to a ssd but its a type of sata connection that I've never seen before where the connection protrudes beyond the hdd case so it can fit within the motherboard,  all modern ssds are flush and do not protrude beyond the case. For the life of me I cannot find a way to fit an ssd into this as the ssd clashed with the motherboard where the hdd connectionis recessed within the motherboard, please help. 

Thanks

20200927_163300.jpg

20200927_163101.jpg

20200927_163016.jpg

20200927_162947.jpg

20200927_162932.jpg

20200927_162859.jpg

Have you tried taking tweezers to the little protution block on the old HDD? From the 3rd last picture here, it looks like it comes off, maybe you can port it over to the SSD and use the laptops interface still? Hope that makes sense!

Unless the mounting thing on the HDD is detachable I don't think there is much you can do, also upgrading that laptop with an SSD would really be pointless it's not a good laptop doesn't even meet win 10 requirements

Reminder⚠️

I'm just speaking from experience so what I say may not work 100%

Please try searching up the answer before you post here but I am always glad to help

4 minutes ago, Kasper_MC said:

Have you tried taking tweezers to the little protution block on the old HDD? From the 3rd last picture here, it looks like it comes off, maybe you can port it over to the SSD and use the laptops interface still? Hope that makes sense!

I have now and it worked, I had no idea that it was an adapter

16012221486971107605433241799469.jpg

5 minutes ago, Kanna said:

Unless the mounting thing on the HDD is detachable I don't think there is much you can do, also upgrading that laptop with an SSD would really be pointless it's not a good laptop doesn't even meet win 10 requirements

Im going to use it to see if I can transfer a program to another computer without having to put in a product key if you know what I mean

Just now, Jakemd95 said:

Im going to use it to see if I can transfer a program to another computer without having to put in a product key if you know what I mean

Ahh okay but most likely the product key may not work (depending on the program) if it's just some local program that doesn't need internet you can probably transfer fine

Reminder⚠️

I'm just speaking from experience so what I say may not work 100%

Please try searching up the answer before you post here but I am always glad to help

3 minutes ago, Kanna said:

Ahh okay but most likely the product key may not work (depending on the program) if it's just some local program that doesn't need internet you can probably transfer fine

The program is on the same hdd as the os which is win 7 and telly needs going on an ssd, I've had to block the program from going online for it to work

3 hours ago, Jakemd95 said:

I have now and it worked, I had no idea that it was an adapter

16012221486971107605433241799469.jpg

Great! No matter if it's useful of meaningful, messing about with tech and getting it to work is always fun! - glad you got it working for you!