The Outer Worlds refuses to launch.

Morrie Sells Wigs

So, as the title suggests, guys, I can't get The Outer Worlds to launch. 

I got it via game pass from the Microsoft Store, for pc, and downloaded it about a fortnight back with no issues. 

An update came out recently, before I had actually played it, and I downloaded that too with no issue.

I thought I'd have a go last night, went to launch the game and it took me straight to a page on the Microsoft Store related to some Xbox app or something. 

I tried right clicking over the desktop icon and hitting open, which has worked on every other game, and it did the same thing.

Double click, same, going to the actual store and finding the games page, hitting play, and the same.

It immediately takes me to this Xbox page.

Which, by the way, doesn't have anything to install - it's basically just an advert.

I'm not the most tech savvy but I tried seeing if maybe I needed to update the store, or my account, or something. 

No, everything was as it should be.

Ditto graphics card.

I then Googled it and saw loads of people had issues last year related to the game - but no concrete solutions. 

There were suggestions about changing your desktop clock (bottom right of screen) in case summer time change had caused an error (though how that has any relevance I don't know).

I'm totally lost, guys.

I really don't want to download it all over, as my internet isn't the fastest...especially as it'll mean pausing other downloads and then if it doesn't work again it'll be even more frustrating. 

I checked the administrator thingy and that's all fine, and I meet the minimum spec requirements easily.

If anyone has any idea what I can do, please help.

P.S I really am a noob, so please, any suggestions talk me through it like you would someone with no experience. 

Thanks, in advance. 

do you still have game pass? you can also try launching from the store directly under 'installed'

11 hours ago, elpiop said:

do you still have game pass? you can also try launching from the store directly under 'installed'

I still have game pass and it won't launch from the store...really frustrating.