Club3d R9 270 vs Gigabyte GTX760

G_man1313

Hi, I'm trying decide between the Club3D 270 which cost $210 or a Gigabyte GTX 760 which costs $265. Is it worth it to pay the extra $55 for the GTX 760 because I here the r9 270 is pretty close to performance when you OC it?

http://youtu.be/ZLQrZseRlew?t=5m3s This might help. I'm a little bias towards AMD, so those few benchmarks that Nvidia won by ~4.1 fps don't sway my choice with the 270.

Intel i5 6600k~Asus Maximus VIII Hero~G.Skill Ripjaws 4 Series 8GB DDR4-3200 CL-16~Sapphire Radeon R9 Fury Tri-X~Phanteks Enthoo Pro M~Sandisk Extreme Pro 480GB~SeaSonic Snow Silent 750~BenQ XL2730Z QHD 144Hz FreeSync~Cooler Master Seidon 240M~Varmilo VA87M (Cherry MX Brown)~Corsair Vengeance M95~Oppo PM-3~Windows 10 Pro~http://pcpartpicker.com/p/ynmBnQ

760 is a bit better but also a bit more expensive. I'd say go the extra $50 and go with Nvidia but if your really cash strapped, go with 270, it's perfectly fine and it kicks ass once you overclock it.

Hey G_man1313, I also experienced the decision of choosing between these two great Graphics Cards. In my own opinion the GTX 780 is best for its price but if you're budget is around the 760 or r9 270 the r9 270 would be the better choice. 

this link may help you decide.

R9 270 vs GTX 670

The Geforce GTX 760 comes with a GPU core speed of 980 MHz, and the 2048 MB of GDDR5 memory runs at 1502 MHz through a 256-bit bus. It also is comprised of 1152 SPUs, 96 TAUs, and 32 Raster Operation Units.

Compare that to the Radeon R9 270X, which uses a 28 nm design. ATi has clocked the core frequency at 1000 MHz. The GDDR5 RAM works at a speed of 1400 MHz on this particular card. It features 1280 SPUs as well as 80 TAUs and 32 ROPs.

Power Usage and Theoretical BenchmarksPower Consumption (Max TDP) Geforce GTX 760 percentgreen.gif 170 Watts Radeon R9 270X percentred.gif 180 Watts   Difference: 10 Watts (6%)   Memory Bandwidth

Theoretically, the Geforce GTX 760 should perform a little bit faster than the Radeon R9 270X overall

Geforce GTX 760 percentgreen.gif 192256 MB/sec Radeon R9 270X percentred.gif 179200 MB/sec   Difference: 13056 (7%)   Texel RateThe Geforce GTX 760 is a bit (approximately 18%) better at texture filtering than the Radeon R9 270X. 

Geforce GTX 760 percentgreen.gif 94080 Mtexels/sec Radeon R9 270X percentred.gif 80000 Mtexels/sec   Difference: 14080 (18%)   Pixel RateThe Radeon R9 270X is a little bit (more or less 2%) more effective at anti-aliasing than the 

Memory Bandwidth: Memory bandwidth is the maximum amount of information (measured in megabytes per second) that can be moved across the external memory interface in a second. It is calculated by multiplying the card's bus width by its memory clock speed. If it uses DDR type RAM, it must be multiplied by 2 again. If it uses DDR5, multiply by ANOTHER 2x. The higher the bandwidth is, the faster the card will be in general. It especially helps with anti-aliasing, High Dynamic Range and higher screen resolutions.

Texel Rate: Texel rate is the maximum number of texture map elements (texels) that are applied in one second. This figure is calculated by multiplying the total number of texture units by the core clock speed of the chip. The better this number, the better the card will be at texture filtering (anisotropic filtering - AF). It is measured in millions of texels applied in a second.

Pixel Rate: Pixel rate is the maximum number of pixels the video card could possibly write to its local memory in a second - measured in millions of pixels per second. Pixel rate is worked out by multiplying the number of colour ROPs by the clock speed of the card. ROPs (Raster Operations Pipelines - also sometimes called Render Output Units) are responsible for filling the screen with pixels (the image). The actual pixel rate is also dependent on many other factors, most notably the memory bandwidth - the lower the memory bandwidth is, the lower the potential to get to the maximum fill rate.

Hope this helps.

Bailey

Save 10 bucks on the club3d at Canada Computers :)

GTX 760 Ti is a rebadge GTX 670 and R9-270x is a rebadge HD7870 for the retail market, AMD calls that same card HD8870 for the OEM market.
Out of the two cards GTx 760Ti or R9-270x, get the GTX 760Ti

Thanks for the feedback I think I will go with the 270 but I'm kind of worried about club3d I've never heard of them before. Does anybody know anything about them?

i do not know my friends have had so many troubles with amd drivers and you maybe able to find a nice 670 or 660 ti for about that price.Either way enjoy not a nviidia fan both have both but my nvidia seems to give me less of a problem with its drivers.