Jump to content
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Tips on a build list

While i wait on the new gpus/cpus i have started hunting for bargains and would love some feedback on my build list. 

Budget (including currency): 20k nok, maybe around 1.5k usd

Country: Norway

Games, programs or workloads that it will be used for: Gaming and statistics 

Upgrading from gtx 770

Monitor 1440p 144hz

 

Parts list (parts in bold have already been purchased on sale)

Case Be quiet dark base 700 ( i need a case that can be inverted)

GPU Asus Tuf 3080 (have 100+ days return policy so i can wait to see what amd brings)

CPU Waiting for Zen 3

Aio Arctic Liquid Freezer II 280

Mobo Considering x570 tomahawk Wifi or else i might go with a 600 if they launch with zen 3(i do need the wifi and want to have it integrated in the mobo rather than as a pcie unit)

Ram Hyper fury RGB 3200 64gb 4x16

Storage Kingston A2000 M.2 NVMe SSD - 1TB

Storage Kingston 960gb SSD

PSU 750w or higher, considering the RM, RMx, ion+, nzxt c850 or seasonic focus.

 

https://no.pcpartpicker.com/list/

Link to post
Share on other sites

cpu=ryzen 7 3700x

gpu=rtx 3080

motherboard = msi b450

ram = 16 gb

storage = 512 gb intel 660p

               1tb seagate baracuda

monitor= ViewSonic XG240R Gaming Monitor

Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, Haak said:

While i wait on the new gpus/cpus i have started hunting for bargains and would love some feedback on my build list. 

Budget (including currency): 20k nok, maybe around 1.5k usd

Country: Norway

Games, programs or workloads that it will be used for: Gaming and statistics 

Upgrading from gtx 770

Monitor 1440p 144hz

 

Parts list (parts in bold have already been purchased on sale)

Case Be quiet dark base 700 ( i need a case that can be inverted)

GPU Asus Tuf 3080 (have 100+ days return policy so i can wait to see what amd brings)

CPU Waiting for Zen 3

Aio Arctic Liquid Freezer II 280

Mobo Considering x570 tomahawk Wifi or else i might go with a 600 if they launch with zen 3(i do need the wifi and want to have it integrated in the mobo rather than as a pcie unit)

Ram Hyper fury RGB 3200 64gb 4x16

Storage Kingston A2000 M.2 NVMe SSD - 1TB

Storage Kingston 960gb SSD

PSU 750w or higher, considering the RM, RMx, ion+, nzxt c850 or seasonic focus.

Toss this in pcpartpicker.com for your region for starters.

 

Way too much RAM, do you actually need that much to run Stats?  

Emma : i7 8700K @5.0Ghz - Gigabyte AORUS z370 Gaming 5 - ThermalTake Water 3.0 Ultimate - G. Skill Ripjaws V 32GB 3200Mhz - Gigabyte AORUS 1080Ti - 750 EVO 512GB + 2x 860 EVO 1TB M.2 (RAID 0) - EVGA Supernova 650 P2 - Fractal Design Define R6 - AOC AGON 35" 3440x1440 100Hz - Mackie CR5BT - Logitech G910, G502, G933 - Cooler Master Universal Graphics Card Holder

 

Plex : Ryzen 5 1600 (stock) - Gigabyte B450M-DS3H - G. Skill Ripjaws V 8GB 2400Mhz - GeForce 8800GTS 640MB - 840 EVO 256GB + Toshiba P300 3TB - TP-Link AC1900 PCIe Wifi - Cooler Master MasterWatt Lite 500 - Antec Nine Hundred - Dell 19" 4:3

 

Lenovo 720S Touch 15.6" - i7 7700HQ, 16GB RAM, 512GB NVMe SSD, 1050Ti, 4K touchscreen

 

MSI GF62 - i7 7700HQ, 16GB 2400 MHz RAM, 256GB NVMe SSD + 1TB 7200rpm HDD, 1050Ti

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Mohammad Saleh said:

cpu=ryzen 7 3700x

gpu=rtx 3080

motherboard = msi b450

ram = 16 gb

storage = 512 gb intel 660p

               1tb seagate baracuda

monitor= ViewSonic XG240R Gaming Monitor

You Might wanna start a new thread Mohammad :) Was my bad. i started the thread by accident and took 5 min to finish editing it. 

 

As a reply to your list. Why not a b550 for pcie 4? Not that important now, but might be a decent perk for the future. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Dedayog said:

Toss this in pcpartpicker.com for your region for starters.

 

Way too much RAM, do you actually need that much to run Stats?  

I can also note that i dont upgrade my system often = i do future proof abit. With that said i would have gone with 32 gb ram for a more gaming based system. The 64 is more for the statistics part. Atm it could get by with 32 for that aswell but it not unlikely that i would need more in the future so i got some additional matching stick now as they were on sale. I dont mind the looks of 4 matching sticks either. 

Pcpartpicker list coming up 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Haak said:

I can also note that i dont upgrade my system often = i do future proof abit. With that said i would have gone with 32 gb ram for a more gaming based system. The 64 is more for the statistics part. Atm it could get by with 32 for that aswell but it not unlikely that i would need more in the future so i got some additional matching stick now as they were on sale. I dont mind the looks of 4 matching sticks either. 

Pcpartpicker list coming up 

While I understand the "concept" of buying it all now so you don't have to later.... you may want to apply NPV to your spending and how pricing usually drops in later years.  

 

Also, 64GB of RAM isn't needed for statistics.  Unless you're employed as a consultant and running models?

 

 

Emma : i7 8700K @5.0Ghz - Gigabyte AORUS z370 Gaming 5 - ThermalTake Water 3.0 Ultimate - G. Skill Ripjaws V 32GB 3200Mhz - Gigabyte AORUS 1080Ti - 750 EVO 512GB + 2x 860 EVO 1TB M.2 (RAID 0) - EVGA Supernova 650 P2 - Fractal Design Define R6 - AOC AGON 35" 3440x1440 100Hz - Mackie CR5BT - Logitech G910, G502, G933 - Cooler Master Universal Graphics Card Holder

 

Plex : Ryzen 5 1600 (stock) - Gigabyte B450M-DS3H - G. Skill Ripjaws V 8GB 2400Mhz - GeForce 8800GTS 640MB - 840 EVO 256GB + Toshiba P300 3TB - TP-Link AC1900 PCIe Wifi - Cooler Master MasterWatt Lite 500 - Antec Nine Hundred - Dell 19" 4:3

 

Lenovo 720S Touch 15.6" - i7 7700HQ, 16GB RAM, 512GB NVMe SSD, 1050Ti, 4K touchscreen

 

MSI GF62 - i7 7700HQ, 16GB 2400 MHz RAM, 256GB NVMe SSD + 1TB 7200rpm HDD, 1050Ti

Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, Dedayog said:

While I understand the "concept" of buying it all now so you don't have to later.... you may want to apply NPV to your spending and how pricing usually drops in later years.  

This is a good point. My thought process was that it could be harder to get the same sticks in a few years when we are over on ddr5. This might not be the case but as i got them on 30% of, im happy. They will if anything look good from day one :) Any tips on PSU unit? This is what i feel most insecure about atm. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Haak said:

This is a good point. My thought process was that it could be harder to get the same sticks in a few years when we are over on ddr5. This might not be the case but as i got them on 30% of, im happy. They will if anything look good from day one :) Any tips on PSU unit? This is what i feel most insecure about atm. 

For a PSU, anything on the Tier list B or above will be good.  Not sure the availability of them currently with everything going on.  

 

If you get the 3080, I'd opt for a 750w unit.

Emma : i7 8700K @5.0Ghz - Gigabyte AORUS z370 Gaming 5 - ThermalTake Water 3.0 Ultimate - G. Skill Ripjaws V 32GB 3200Mhz - Gigabyte AORUS 1080Ti - 750 EVO 512GB + 2x 860 EVO 1TB M.2 (RAID 0) - EVGA Supernova 650 P2 - Fractal Design Define R6 - AOC AGON 35" 3440x1440 100Hz - Mackie CR5BT - Logitech G910, G502, G933 - Cooler Master Universal Graphics Card Holder

 

Plex : Ryzen 5 1600 (stock) - Gigabyte B450M-DS3H - G. Skill Ripjaws V 8GB 2400Mhz - GeForce 8800GTS 640MB - 840 EVO 256GB + Toshiba P300 3TB - TP-Link AC1900 PCIe Wifi - Cooler Master MasterWatt Lite 500 - Antec Nine Hundred - Dell 19" 4:3

 

Lenovo 720S Touch 15.6" - i7 7700HQ, 16GB RAM, 512GB NVMe SSD, 1050Ti, 4K touchscreen

 

MSI GF62 - i7 7700HQ, 16GB 2400 MHz RAM, 256GB NVMe SSD + 1TB 7200rpm HDD, 1050Ti

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×