Orange MOBO light on asus rog strix b450-f gaming but disapears when i turn on and off the psu?

Dubski
Go to solution Solved by Conza,

For this motherboard BOOT is GREEN (Yellow Green), VGA is WHITE CPU is RED and DRAM is YELLOW.

I've had this issue with my ASUS Z270G, I found that reseating my memory modules fixed it, before you do take it/both/all out and if possible try and blow some compressed air in the slots and inspect the pins(?) of the memory modules to see if there's anything on there. Then re-seat and reboot and it should clear.

I've personally had this issue 3 or 4 times in the life of my system coming up to 3 years now. Hope it helps you.

Hallo there, i have a problem with my pc and i can't find out what it is?

Sometimes when i power off my computer after running perfectly fine before it will not boot and show a orange light on the MOBO, but when i kill power to it and turn it back on it just boots like normal. I already tried lowering my ram to 3000Mhz but it didnt change it. If u mabye know the problem please help me out.

Specs:

Ryzen 5 3600
16GB Corsair Vengeance rgb pro 3200Mhz kit
4GB MSI 1050ti
asus rog strix b450-f motherboard
Be Quiet Pure Power 11 600W Semi Mod PSU

For this motherboard BOOT is GREEN (Yellow Green), VGA is WHITE CPU is RED and DRAM is YELLOW.

I've had this issue with my ASUS Z270G, I found that reseating my memory modules fixed it, before you do take it/both/all out and if possible try and blow some compressed air in the slots and inspect the pins(?) of the memory modules to see if there's anything on there. Then re-seat and reboot and it should clear.

I've personally had this issue 3 or 4 times in the life of my system coming up to 3 years now. Hope it helps you.

4 minutes ago, Conza said:

Okey i will try this ill update as soon as i know! Thank you!

Update! 

It didnt work, i reseated the ram then turned it on and it when to orange and didnt boot, but again after turning off the power to it and then turning it on it started normally?

20200924_162622.jpg

Edited by Dubski

Test with Dimm A and Dimm B in slot 2nd from the CPU, left to right.  Test for a while with the current module, see if it comes up, if it doesn't for a sufficient number of time, swap to Dimm B.

If Dimm A and B work in slot... let's call it A2, then there's a possibility that B2 (last slot left to right) is having some sort of issue.

I don't think I've ever done this to resolve this issue, but I believe this can sometimes be related to the CPU, for Intel chips this is less of a concern to check since they're LGA so you can take the chip out, clean the contact pads and put it back in. With AMD chips, I'm not sure what's best to do, the pins are reasonably fragile so I'm not sure taking the CPU out and putting it back in is necessarily a good idea.

You may way to try cleaning the Dimm slots with isopropyl alcohol CAREFUL, this is conductive so ensure anywhere that gets touched by this dries completely before turning it on, it usually evaporates quickly at typical room temperatures but there's still a risk there.

WAIT it might actually fixed it? cuz after that one time i have seen if for 2 days now!

Ill update if it gets back but it seems fixed

I took out the ram stickers and blew out the slots and switched the stick that was in the second slot the the 4th and the 4th into the second slot. And that seems to fix it

Today is also started just fine, so imma put this to solved and if it returns ill just make a new post! 😄

Thanks for the help!

• 8 months later...

i have something like this problem too 

i can go fine for hours or days and nothing happens but sometimes it can happen many times a day iv got an orange flashing dram light im still using base clocked 1866 ram should be 3200 but the problem i  have is i can be sat on the desktop or playing games and screen with all usb power goes but the pc still runs and sometimes i dont get any led lights and sometimes i get the orange light sometimes it flashes and sometimes it dont iv checked from windows memory checker tool and nothings coming up as faulty from that iv took all 4 sticks out and swapped and put them back in and still nothing fixed the fault 

• 8 months later...

hi guys. i need you help as well. i encountered the same issue last night. after playing god of war for 3 days, i shut down my pc. when i turned it on so i can do work at home, it was fine. but when i tried connecting a jabra cord i got a bsod. when i tried rebooting my pc, i got the steady orange light. also when i turn it on from the psu, the pc turns on with me not even touching the power button. for troubleshooting, i removed the cpu cooler, which was a piece of work in itself, because i'm using a dark rock pro 4. then i removed the gpu then the ram sticks. then i put it back together again but that didn't help one bit. i also tried reseating the ram but it didn't work as well. it's getting frustrating. can someone here give me advise on how to proceed? any suggestion of help will be greatly appreciated since i'm already stumped at this point..