Need Help with Choosing a PSU Please

kannasnakka

Please could i get some advice for choosing a PSU for my pc build.

I have used the watt calculator, and looked online for wattage for my graphics card but i get conflicting results.

My build is:

Processor : Core i7 4770k

Ram : Corsair vengance pro 18 gb 2500 mhz

Motherboard : Msi z87 GD65 

Graphics card : Raedeon R9 290 msi 4 gb Twin frozr

5 PC fans

1 SSD

1 HDD

1 DVD drive

1 PCI wireless card

I was looking online and the corsair CX 750 which is 100% compatabile with the new Haswell CPU's.

But i also hear that the r9 290 msi 4g twin frozr needs a 600 watt PSU, then another one is saying 700 watt PSU.

So i'm not sure if the cx 750 is enough.

Many thanks all :) 

The CX750 should be fine

"Everybody wants a happy ending, right? But it doesn’t always roll that way." - TS

You would be fine with a 550w as long as it is a good brand such as Corsair, Seasonic, XFX etc.

I'd go for a Seasonic G 650 or a RM650 for headroom to OC

This.

Single Rail, 80+ [gold or up will be very nice], XFX, Seasonic, BeQuiet, Corsair, XigmateK will all be very fine.

I'd not trust the RM series though. TTL has one on his PSU tester forever now and still hasn't commented on it. My guess is Corsair wanted to prevent another M6E incident ;P [And we all know the last PSU that sat on there was the Thortek thingy that basically will roast all your stuff once turned on]

Frost upon these cigarettes.... lipstick on the window pane...

A 750w could run 2 GPUs. Get a good 650w if you want plenty of headroom for overclocks and upgrades. (as previously suggested by @Kang )

Setup Video -----------Peasant Crushing Specs----------- 4K Benchmarks

-CPU- i7 3930k @4.8GHz 1.4v -Mobo- Asus Rampage IV Extreme -GPUs- 2x GTX Titan Hydrocopper SLI -RAM- 32GB (8x4GB) Corsair Vengeance 1600MHz -Storage- 500GB Samsung 840 SSD | 2TB WD Green HDD

-Monitors- 3x BenQ XL2420T | 1x Dell U2713HM -Mouse- Steelseries Rival -Keyboard- Corsair K70 Cherry MX Brown -Headphones- Audio Techinca ATH-M50 -Microphone- RØDE NT1-A

This.

Single Rail, 80+ [gold or up will be very nice], XFX, Seasonic, BeQuiet, Corsair, XigmateK will all be very fine.

I'd not trust the RM series though. TTL has one on his PSU tester forever now and still hasn't commented on it. My guess is Corsair wanted to prevent another M6E incident ;P [And we all know the last PSU that sat on there was the Thortek thingy that basically will roast all your stuff once turned on]

RM's seem pretty awesome.

EDIT: Where I'm already on TTL's youtube:

let the guvnor answer your question ;)

Personal Build Project "Rained-On"

helped building up the CPU Overclocking Database and GPU Overclocking Database, check them out ;)

#KilledMyWife #MakeBombs #LinusIsNotFunny || Please, dont use non-default grey font colors. Think about the night-theme users! ;)

RM's seem pretty awesome.

EDIT: Where I'm already on TTL's youtube:

let the guvnor answer your question ;)

Oh must have missed that video, thanks ^^

Frost upon these cigarettes.... lipstick on the window pane...