Need help deciding on a keyboard.

nFaiz

Right now I'm looking for mech keyboards for around 100 dollars and that are full size.

My three options are:

Ducky One 2 White backlit full size

Durgod K310 White

GMMK White Ice

Can you guys tell me which board is the best. I'm leaning towards Durgod but people say ducky is better and gmmk is rlly good for 110 cuz hot swappable switches.

Thanks

If you ever intend to try other type of switches then take the gmmk. 

If you are sure you'll never want to try any other switches then if it was me I would take the durgod.  The k320 (the tkl one) got really good review and the k310 is basicly the same but in full size. 

Which switches do you intend to get in those board ?

Those keycaps are pbt dye sub so they will probably be quite good if they are thick enough.  It's a really nice set and I like the design and color scheme.  It will be best suited on a white case for sure. 

I9 10850K

EVGA RTX 3080 TI FTW3 ULTRA

32 Gb Crucial Balistix ddr4 3600mHz 16-18-18-38

MSI Z490 Tomahawk

Fractal Design Ion+ 860W platinum

Arctic Liquid Freezer II, 360mm

WB Black SN750 NVMe ssd

TeamGroup L5 3D Lite 1 Tb sata SSD

Yeah. I'm probably gonna get blues because I heard browns arent very tactile.This is my first mechanical keyboard.

2 hours ago, Dr0y said:

If you ever intend to try other type of switches then take the gmmk. 

If you are sure you'll never want to try any other switches then if it was me I would take the durgod.  The k320 (the tkl one) got really good review and the k310 is basicly the same but in full size. 

Which switches do you intend to get in those board ?

Those keycaps are pbt dye sub so they will probably be quite good if they are thick enough.  It's a really nice set and I like the design and color scheme.  It will be best suited on a white case for sure. 

So I was talking to people in a mech key discord and they said get the ducky durgod is a clone of a company. So I may get the ducky for 110 because it has white led backlighting and the switches I need.https://mechanicalkeyboards.com/shop/index.php?l=product_detail&p=3731

22 hours ago, nFaiz said:

Yeah. I'm probably gonna get blues because I heard browns arent very tactile.This is my first mechanical keyboard.

Beware that the blue are loud ... if you want something more tactile than the cherry mx brown look for kailh brown or gateron brown. 

Well even if some say that durgod is a clone of a company well most review I've seen of the durgod keyboard were better when compared to ducky specially for the lubrication of the stabilizers. 

Also remember that kailh, outemu, gateron and many others have started as just some cherry mx clones and now they are regarded mostly as superior to cherry mx ...

Also if I remember correctly (and you should confirm that) the gmmk white has full rgb so you can put it any color you want and not just white led.  With that one you would be able to get great tactile switches way more tactile than the cherry mx brown and swap them out if you would like to try some others. 

I9 10850K

MSI Z490 Tomahawk

WB Black SN750 NVMe ssd

2 hours ago, Dr0y said:

Beware that the blue are loud ... if you want something more tactile than the cherry mx brown look for kailh brown or gateron brown. 

Well even if some say that durgod is a clone of a company well most review I've seen of the durgod keyboard were better when compared to ducky specially for the lubrication of the stabilizers. 

Also remember that kailh, outemu, gateron and many others have started as just some cherry mx clones and now they are regarded mostly as superior to cherry mx ...

Also if I remember correctly (and you should confirm that) the gmmk white has full rgb so you can put it any color you want and not just white led.  With that one you would be able to get great tactile switches way more tactile than the cherry mx brown and swap them out if you would like to try some others. 

Thanks. I'm probably gonna get the gmmk. But I heard that there are other hot-swappable keyboards with rgb like the redragon k556. For a lot less and I don't know why the k310 is priced so high without it.

Durgod probably put more attention to small details than redragon which in the end makes a keyboard premium or not ... I don't know ... maybe the cost for building the keyboard is higher ... or they just makes more profit ...

I have a redragon k552 and it's not a bad board per say ... it's quite sturdy and doesn't flex, stays in place ok when you type ... the switches are awful tho and I'm not using it anymore but I'm keeping it for backup.  Check if the redragon hot-swappable can take any brand of switches or if it's just compatible with the redragon switches.  The k552 I have is swappable but only with outemu switches. 

I9 10850K

MSI Z490 Tomahawk

WB Black SN750 NVMe ssd

6 hours ago, Dr0y said:

Durgod probably put more attention to small details than redragon which in the end makes a keyboard premium or not ... I don't know ... maybe the cost for building the keyboard is higher ... or they just makes more profit ...

I have a redragon k552 and it's not a bad board per say ... it's quite sturdy and doesn't flex, stays in place ok when you type ... the switches are awful tho and I'm not using it anymore but I'm keeping it for backup.  Check if the redragon hot-swappable can take any brand of switches or if it's just compatible with the redragon switches.  The k552 I have is swappable but only with outemu switches. 

did you try using cherries?

On 9/25/2020 at 9:26 AM, nFaiz said:

did you try using cherries?

Yes I've used cherry mx brown in a razer blackwiddow stealth 2013 and cherry mx blue in a anne pro 2 ... both of them are really disappointing and underwhelming.  ... the browns were mushy, barely tactile and almost linear and the spring was quite light ... the blue were clicky (of course) but also had some rattle with some light spring ping.   So both were not a good experience compared to other switches I tried.  But the mx cherry blue are way better than the outemu blue I have in my redragon k552.

Also ...  today i got a durgod fusion with cherry mx brown so I'm going to revisit them ...   The first feeling when I tried them before buying was that the spring is stiffer than what I remembered on the blackwiddow, the tactile bump was present and I was able to feel it a bit more than what I remembered.  The switches on the razer blackwiddow were probably just really old and beginning to show sign of aging if it's even a thing for switches ... or maybe it was the tooling, build tolerances and such that was different 7 years ago.   

I9 10850K

MSI Z490 Tomahawk

WB Black SN750 NVMe ssd