quick question

MAXAMAL_FLAME
Go to solution Solved by The_russian,

The speaker that came with the motherboard is used for troubleshooting boot errors, it will beep a certain amount of times for different errors. The normal speakers you plug in are just for system sounds and won't play the diagnostic beeps. Whether you use it is up to you, some motherboards beep once to indicate a normal boot up and will do it every time, so I usually leave the speaker in the motherboard box or somewhere else I won't lose it, then when I need to troubleshoot a problem I plug it in. 

do i need the included weird looking speaker that came with the motherboard if im using logitech speakers which is plugged into an audio jack? this is my first build im about to turn it on

The little black button looking speaker? It will let the motherboard beep out codes like error codes when nothing else is working which can be useful. If there is something like a boot problem where your computer isn't loading, the basic BIOS can't beep error codes through the Logitech speakers. You could leave it out, maybe just know where it is so if you ever have problems you can plug it in.

This is what I think you're talking about:

Amazon.com: Boscoqo PC Motherboard Mini Speaker Beeper BIOS Alarm Buzzer  Desktop for Computer Case DIY Internal Code Mini Plug 12pcs: Computers &  Accessories

Gaming - Ryzen 5800X3D | 64GB 3200mhz  MSI 6900 XT Mini-ITX SFF Build

Home Server (Unraid OS) - Ryzen 2700x | 48GB 3200mhz |  EVGA 1060 6GB | 6TB SSD Cache [3x2TB] 66TB HDD [11x6TB]

The speaker that came with the motherboard is used for troubleshooting boot errors, it will beep a certain amount of times for different errors. The normal speakers you plug in are just for system sounds and won't play the diagnostic beeps. Whether you use it is up to you, some motherboards beep once to indicate a normal boot up and will do it every time, so I usually leave the speaker in the motherboard box or somewhere else I won't lose it, then when I need to troubleshoot a problem I plug it in. 

1 minute ago, suchamoneypit said:

The little black button looking speaker? It will let the motherboard beep out codes like error codes when nothing else is working which can be useful. If there is something like a boot problem where your computer isn't loading, the basic BIOS can't beep error codes through the Logitech speakers. You could leave it out, maybe just know where it is so if you ever have problems you can plug it in.

This is what I think you're talking about:

Amazon.com: Boscoqo PC Motherboard Mini Speaker Beeper BIOS Alarm Buzzer  Desktop for Computer Case DIY Internal Code Mini Plug 12pcs: Computers &  Accessories

yeah it is

thanks

2 minutes ago, The_russian said:

is it worth taking it out of my room to the other end of my house where all my pc building stuff is to plug it in i know im lazy af XD

3 minutes ago, The_russian said:

would you reccomend me doing as i am a first time builder

6 minutes ago, MAXAMAL_FLAME said:

would you reccomend me doing as i am a first time builder

I would leave it plugged in for now, if it does beep every time it turns on and it gets annoying, you can always remove it later on.

15 minutes ago, The_russian said:

I would leave it plugged in for now, if it does beep every time it turns on and it gets annoying, you can always remove it later on.

ok thanks so much for your help i plugged it in hopefully i dont get more then 1 beep :)