HD 280 Pros Broken, Need Recommendation

Haroids

Hi guys,

The right speakers on my HD 280 Pro stopped working today when I set them on my deskrip in peace, I paid 75 dollars for them on Newegg over 2 years agobut they're 100 dollars now, how even.... I need a recommendation for a replacement. I'm using on-board sound, was looking at the Xonar Xense bundle a couple years ago, but it's no longer sold on Newegg and recently saw the WAN show where they talked about the TomsHardware sound card comparison, so I don't think the difference would be too noticeable if I got a sound card (I'm no audiophile). I don't think I'm too picky about the maker, or price, but ideally another Sennheiser headphone (not a headset) around 50-150 dollars would be nice. My priorities are more for games than music at the moment. 

Thanks guys. 

SRH440 with 840 pads would be a linear move

HD518's would be a great computer only option that are great for gaming. 
Don't both with a soundcard at all. 

Audio technica ath m50s or sennheiser HD 518 or even better sennheiser hd 558 oh and beyerdynamic custom one period if you can afford them.

they might just need a new cable, can you pop them open and have a look?

Grammar and spelling is not indicative of intelligence/knowledge.  Not having the same opinion does not always mean lack of understanding.