CPU over heating after re-paste and loop direction change

RuoYY94

After cleaning my whole set-up, my cpu is overheating.

I repasted the cpu, and also changed the loop direction from loop going up to loop going down in front of my case

My first boot resulted in my pc automatically shut down. Second boot i went into my bios and saw cpu temperature rising constantly (despite all fans working) and shutting down after reaching 87C.

I hear the pump working as well.

Right now ill try repasting my set up and see whats wrong, but it didnt seem that I did a bad job at it. Im wondering if its changing the loop direction from loop up, to loop down.

I have a EVGA CLC 280 and a Ryzen 7 2700

Thx in advance!

If you could put picture of your PC that might help but if you see shutdown due to temp it looks like the contact with coldplate of your cooler is not good, maybe  you screwed one/two screws to tight on one side before screwing the others and contact is incorrect due to that.

If not try moving it how it was before and see the temps.

(no idea why I had a different account on my phone but... im the OP)

3 hours ago, sloniupl said:

If you could put picture of your PC that might help but if you see shutdown due to temp it looks like the contact with coldplate of your cooler is not good, maybe  you screwed one/two screws to tight on one side before screwing the others and contact is incorrect due to that.

If not try moving it how it was before and see the temps.

This is my second re-paste, and the temp still wouldnt come down. (sorry no picture of the first repaste doh)

I def. put too much this time, but even so it did not change anything. 

I will try again tmrw with the stock ryzen cooler to see if its a problem with my AIO or something else. 

Another thing I didnt mention is that I cleaned my AIO's grill with water spray, but there shouldnt be any leak since... theres still water inside (from the noise) and i didnt see any leakage.

IMG_20200920_211633.jpg

IMG_20200920_211854.jpg

IMG_20200920_185259.jpg

78 on CPU in bios is definitely to high. Don't know if 2700 came with stock cooler but if you have it try that one to check if the issue is not with your aio. 

Also shouldn't the CPU cooler be set to PWM and not DC? Just asking as I don't have AIO.