PC keeps crashing unexpectedly

SacredImperial

Hello all, this is probably my third thread regarding this issue. To briefly summarize what has been going on: A few months back my pc started shutting down completely (crashing) when playing certain games like R6, GTA 5, and Modern Warfare. At first I thought it was overheating since it was summer and my room got hot, but now that the temperatures have went down, I've ruled out the possibility of it being overheating (I have more reasons why its not overheating which I'll mention ahead). This issue does not happen in other games, only in heavy load games. I have tested the RAM for any errors using the memory diagnostic tool and there were no errors. I have stress tested both my cpu and gpu. They both didn't go over 80 C, gpu maxed out at 75 C. However, no crashes during the tests. Here's a list of other stuff I have tried:

Using only 2 sticks of RAM in slots A2 and B2, no results.
Lowering graphics in the heavy load games, no results.
Connecting the PC directly to a power outlet instead of having it connected to a surge protector, no results.
Buying more fans for more airflow, no results.
Updated BIOS, no results.
Checked loose connections (no loose connections), no results.
Installing newer GPU drivers, no results.

It seems like my PC only crashes when I play my heavy load games. I don't know what could be the cause of all this. It could either be the motherboard or the PSU, but I can't just buy a new one and still have the issue happening to me. I don't know what else I can do. Event Viewer only tells me the PC shutdown unexpectedly and nothing more. At this point I feel like I am at a dead end. I really need major help here. If someone with more experience could help, I would be more than grateful for it.

System Specs:
CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 3600 (stock cooler, No OC)
GPU: AMD Radeon RX 580 GTS 8Gbs (No OC)
RAM: 4 Sticks 3000Mhz 8Gbs Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro (No XMP) - Total 32Gbs
Mobo: ROG Strix B450-F Gaming
PSU: CX 750W 80 plus bronze
NVMe M.2: Samsung 970 EVO Plus (250 Gs)
HHD: (Don't remember specifics) 1 Terabyte

5 minutes ago, SacredImperial said:

Hello all, this is probably my third thread regarding this issue. To briefly summarize what has been going on: A few months back my pc started shutting down completely (crashing) when playing certain games like R6, GTA 5, and Modern Warfare. At first I thought it was overheating since it was summer and my room got hot, but now that the temperatures have went down, I've ruled out the possibility of it being overheating (I have more reasons why its not overheating which I'll mention ahead). This issue does not happen in other games, only in heavy load games. I have tested the RAM for any errors using the memory diagnostic tool and there were no errors. I have stress tested both my cpu and gpu. They both didn't go over 80 C, gpu maxed out at 75 C. However, no crashes during the tests. Here's a list of other stuff I have tried:

Using only 2 sticks of RAM in slots A2 and B2, no results.
Lowering graphics in the heavy load games, no results.
Connecting the PC directly to a power outlet instead of having it connected to a surge protector, no results.
Buying more fans for more airflow, no results.
Updated BIOS, no results.
Checked loose connections (no loose connections), no results.
Installing newer GPU drivers, no results.

It seems like my PC only crashes when I play my heavy load games. I don't know what could be the cause of all this. It could either be the motherboard or the PSU, but I can't just buy a new one and still have the issue happening to me. I don't know what else I can do. Event Viewer only tells me the PC shutdown unexpectedly and nothing more. At this point I feel like I am at a dead end. I really need major help here. If someone with more experience could help, I would be more than grateful for it.

System Specs:
CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 3600 (stock cooler, No OC)
GPU: AMD Radeon RX 580 GTS 8Gbs (No OC)
RAM: 4 Sticks 3000Mhz 8Gbs Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro (No XMP) - Total 32Gbs
Mobo: ROG Strix B450-F Gaming
PSU: CX 750W 80 plus bronze
NVMe M.2: Samsung 970 EVO Plus (250 Gs)
HHD: (Don't remember specifics) 1 Terabyte

Have you Chdcked the cables to SSD or HDD are good? i have a simular issue the otgher week

GPU: RTX 3060Ti 8GB

CPU: Ryzen 5 3600

RAM: 32GB DDR4 3200MHz  

Mobo: B450M-K

Keyboard: Logitech G915

Mouse: Logitch G502 HERO Lightspeed

Audio: BeyerDynamic Tygr 300R

16 minutes ago, Jakebrims said:

Have you Chdcked the cables to SSD or HDD are good? i have a simular issue the otgher week

The cables are fine. I doubt its any connection/ cable issues that might be causing the problem

Looks like your issue is quite unique. Can you try running stress test with OCCT and check if that will not show any issues after about 30 - 60 minutes.

Also if you have your game files on HDD can you reinstall one of those games to NVME and than check again to exclude issue with HDD?

23 minutes ago, sloniupl said:

Looks like your issue is quite unique. Can you try running stress test with OCCT and check if that will not show any issues after about 30 - 60 minutes.

Also if you have your game files on HDD can you reinstall one of those games to NVME and than check again to exclude issue with HDD?

I stress tested with OCCT 2 times where my PC crashed 2-4 minutes of the stress test starting. I kept an eye on temps and none of my components went above 80 C. CPU was at a constant 100% usage while GPU sat at around 40%. 

If it crashes on occt than its probably hardware or bios settings issue as it's not limited just to games anymore.

Try loading default settings in bios and test than.

If occt will still crush than it would be good if you can put your gpu, cpu and ram in another motherboard for test.

2 hours ago, sloniupl said:

If it crashes on occt than its probably hardware or bios settings issue as it's not limited just to games anymore.

If occt will still crush than it would be good if you can put your gpu, cpu and ram in another motherboard for test.

I think i forgot to add to my main thread that I had already set my bios to default settings. However, after individually stress testing my components, the only ones that crashed my pc were my cpu and my PSU. I will be replacing my PSU with an old one I have and see if that changes anything.

10 hours ago, sloniupl said:

Its most definitely the motherboard at this point. I have swapped PSUs and I still get crashes. I doubt its any other component that isn't the motherboard. I think the smartest choice for me is to buy a new one.