CPU Problem ?

Hi, before you thing that this isn't the right category please read.

So basically about a year ago I bought I5-9600K and Asus Z390-H and I didn't notice that the corner of the CPU is bent and I cannot RMA it as the store will put the blame on me (I bought the CPU as Tray and got it in transparent Intel CPU sort of shell). 

So my problem is that for a year the PC worked fine without any issues but for the last week or so, the PC won't boot and sometimes even turn on when external GPU is installed. I tried my own GPU in different slots and also borrowed GT630 from a friend and got the same result. I must say that when the PC does turn on with GPU he has VGA Q-Led and Boot Q-Led at the same time and it stays like that until I restart the PC and then I get the same result. 

Please help. 

“Cpu is bent” is not clear.  The ihs is dented?  If it worked for a year and then started showing issues this implies software not hardware.

Not a pro, not even very good.  I’m just old and have time currently.  Assuming I know a lot about computers can be a mistake.

Life is like a bowl of chocolates: there are all these little crinkly paper cups everywhere.

5 minutes ago, Bombastinator said:

“Cpu is bent” is not clear.  The ihs is dented?  If it worked for a year and then started showing issues this implies software not hardware.

I can provide pictures. it worked for a year that true but I did a fresh install of windows couple of days ago after I sucsessfuly booted into windows thinking it the same thing.

6 minutes ago, DimaDSer said:

I can provide pictures. it worked for a year that true but I did a fresh install of windows couple of days ago after I sucsessfuly booted into windows thinking it the same thing.

So these problems started after the new windows install?

Not a pro, not even very good.  I’m just old and have time currently.  Assuming I know a lot about computers can be a mistake.

Life is like a bowl of chocolates: there are all these little crinkly paper cups everywhere.

2 minutes ago, Bombastinator said:

So these problems started after the new windows install?

Sorry if I wasn't clear. The issues started before and I thought the same thing as you did that maybe it is software issue so I did fresh install but the result was the same.

There is more software in a machine than just the OS.  Drivers come to mind for one.  If the problem was a windows update, reinstalling the same update again won’t help.  

A damaged ihs would perhaps effect flatness so it could make a chip harder to cool but shouldn’t affect function other than that.