What would be the best choice? Ultrawide VS a Quantum Dot panel

Grihm

Here is the thing.

Sadly, my monitor i got 2 weeks ago, the AOC 34" CU34G2X is what we here call a Monday specimen, and pixel after pixel is dying. I will return this for a full refund, and change it two one of the two new ideas. However, i tend to be stuck in a small issue.

These are the options and their reason.

1: Samsung 32'' Odyssey C32G75 - 2560 x 1440

Now this is a cruve ball i know due to the reported issues with it, but our local computer store here got a new batch from Samsung, and they where reportedly all functional as they should be.

2: Svive 34" Curved - 3440x1440 

Link to it since it´s a bit unknown of a brand

https://www.komplett.se/product/1148695/gaming/spelutrustning/gamingskarmar/svive-34-curved-gamingskarm-pyx-34c801

Now... my line of thought.

The Samsung panel is a much higher Hz, it has a quantum dot panel at 1 ms response time etc. However...i know this is such a first world problem, but it´s " only " 32".

The Svive is actually also a Samsung product as they make the panels. This is Ultrawide however, 34"  with a bit of a higher resolution. 3440 x 1440 and about 150 Eurosd less.

I have an UW right now at 3440 x 1440, and i really like it. However, if the Oddysey now actually works and is at 100% after they fixed them and sent out new ones, would the quality of it surpass that of having that extra real estate of a 34" panel?

I´m also considering what my coming 3080 would be best suited for since i will be gaming at 1440.

Samsungs G9 looks insane. Take a look.

CPU i7 6700k MB  MSI Z170A Pro Carbon GPU Zotac GTX980Ti amp!extreme RAM 16GB DDR4 Corsair Vengeance 3k CASE Corsair 760T PSU Corsair RM750i MOUSE Logitech G9x KB Logitech G910 HS Sennheiser GSP 500 SC Asus Xonar 7.1 MONITOR Acer Predator xb270hu Storage 1x1TB + 2x500GB Samsung 7200U/m - 2x500GB SSD Samsung 850EVO

9 minutes ago, Praesi said:

Samsungs G9 looks insane. Take a look.

As long as it´s working this batch, then it´s indeed a good contender.

Just took delivery of my CRG9 49 a week ago and it is a superb screen, still getting used to the ultawide life but it is very simple to work with and has many useful little features that just make like easier.

1 hour ago, Chris Fortune said:

Just took delivery of my CRG9 49 a week ago and it is a superb screen, still getting used to the ultawide life but it is very simple to work with and has many useful little features that just make like easier.

Yeah the 49" looks cool, but i cant really tell myself i have the need for such a big screen with what i do. I´l just be getting it because #reasons and that´s just wasting cash. Maby one day tho.

4 hours ago, Grihm said:

Yeah the 49" looks cool, but i cant really tell myself i have the need for such a big screen with what i do. I´l just be getting it because #reasons and that´s just wasting cash. Maby one day tho.

I would kind of agree but having used a multiscreen system before I really missed the real estate that it gave you.

Whilst it is a major investment I can't see me looking at anything else for many years. That said everybody has their own personal situation and needs so my experience shouldn't even be a glimmer on the choice you make unless it was already a serious consideration.

On a lighter note I welcomed the opportunity to flex, if only a little as whilst not for everyone it is awesome.

15 hours ago, Grihm said:

Here is the thing.

Sadly, my monitor i got 2 weeks ago, the AOC 34" CU34G2X is what we here call a Monday specimen, and pixel after pixel is dying. I will return this for a full refund, and change it two one of the two new ideas. However, i tend to be stuck in a small issue.

I was considering getting this monitor. Now I'm on the hunt again.

5 hours ago, Chris Fortune said:

I would kind of agree but having used a multiscreen system before I really missed the real estate that it gave you.

Whilst it is a major investment I can't see me looking at anything else for many years. That said everybody has their own personal situation and needs so my experience shouldn't even be a glimmer on the choice you make unless it was already a serious consideration.

On a lighter note I welcomed the opportunity to flex, if only a little as whilst not for everyone it is awesome.

I´m very grateful for all input, and i am at a certain level very interested in this monitor due to it´s size and specs... and sure...the looks as well 😛 But before i pull the trigger i am forcing myself to check every bit i can about it. It´s a bit expensive purchase so, i must be 100% ^^

Also, i have sent these guys a message checking for if they ship to Sweden, and this monitor below is a new contender as well.

https://www.monoprice.com/product?p_id=40865

4 hours ago, Deli said:

I was considering getting this monitor. Now I'm on the hunt again.

Yeah part from the dead pixels i got, it´s a great screen. This is however not a reflection of the brand, but an issue on this panel in this product, so don´t skip it just because of my panels faults... as any brand may have the same issue from any option you may pick.

15 minutes ago, Grihm said:

Yeah part from the dead pixels i got, it´s a great screen. This is however not a reflection of the brand, but an issue on this panel in this product, so don´t skip it just because of my panels faults... as any brand may have the same issue from any option you may pick.

I can accept a few dead pixel if they drop the price. I already have a 32" LG 4k 60Hz for graphics/video work that costs more than €1K. So don't want to spend too much to replace my broken gaming monitor. At this moment, this AOC monitor is €479 here. Maybe when there's a promotion or black friday. I'll just get one.

9 minutes ago, Deli said:

I can accept a few dead pixel if they drop the price. I already have a 32" LG 4k 60Hz for graphics/video work that costs more than €1K. So don't want to spend too much to replace my broken gaming monitor. At this moment, this AOC monitor is €479 here. Maybe when there's a promotion or black friday. I'll just get one.

If you can get it for 450 or a bit below, it´s a great value. Il keep my fingers crossed 😃

8 hours ago, Grihm said:

If you can get it for 450 or a bit below, it´s a great value. Il keep my fingers crossed 😃

Gigabyte has a new monitor that seems to use the same panel(thus same dead pixel problem), G34WQC. Reviews are limited, if not non-exist at this point. But the good point is the price. €399. I might give it a try. The worst case if it turns out to be crap. I can just return it.

11 hours ago, Deli said:

Gigabyte has a new monitor that seems to use the same panel(thus same dead pixel problem), G34WQC. Reviews are limited, if not non-exist at this point. But the good point is the price. €399. I might give it a try. The worst case if it turns out to be crap. I can just return it.

I also found a monitor called Dark Matter from Monoprice. I asked my retiler if they could get it in stock, but he said the Xiaomi 34" was basically the exact same one. Might have a look at it.

https://www.inet.se/kategori/1087/30-och-storre/787/xiaomi

4 minutes ago, Grihm said:

I also found a monitor called Dark Matter from Monoprice. I asked my retiler if they could get it in stock, but he said the Xiaomi 34" was basically the exact same one. Might have a look at it.

https://www.inet.se/kategori/1087/30-och-storre/787/xiaomi

It's €475 here. About the same price as AOC.

1 hour ago, Deli said:

It's €475 here. About the same price as AOC.

Lot´s to take in. Guh i need some sleep. But...i will find THE monitor.... Cyberpunk climbs closer.