A solution relating to Gigabyte Aorus X570 motherboards with ram overclocking issues

If you have overclocked your ram using the XMP profile from a Gigabyte Aorus X570 motherboard and your system keeps shutting off/rebooting then these steps might help.  These steps helped me.

How I fixed the problem.  Before, I was on the latest Bios which was F30 which is from 09/15/2020.  F30 description updates AMD AGESA ComboV2 1.0.8.1.  I went into the BIOS and updated the BIOS to F22 which is from 08/20/2020.  F22 improves memory compatibility.  After, I went into the BIOS and enabled Extreme Memory Profile(X.M.P.) Profile 1.  Then, I set the XMP High Frequency Support to level 1 because my ram goes to 3200 Mhz.  I think level 1 supports 3200 Mhz.  Level 2 supports 3400 Mhz.  Level 3 supports 3600 Mhz.  Then, I set the System Memory Multiplier to 32.00 because my ram is at 3200Mhz.  After, I set the DRAM Voltage (CH A/B0) to 1.350V.  XMP Profile 1 says that it enables the DRAM Voltage to 1.350V but it is better not to leave it at auto.  I have heard that Gigabyte's Bios for X570 motherboards are kind of buggy when you leave Ram settings at auto.  If you can't solve the overclocking issues with ram try other BIOS versions or get AMD certified ram.  I had to switch Ram kits from 3600Mhz to 3200Mhz.  I tried the steps for 3600Mhz ram kit and it did not work but the 3200Mhz ram kit worked.  The Ram kits I tried were not certified for AMD.  You can use a Ryzen DRAM calculator and manually enter the information into BIOS.

Just wondering. I had a similar issue this morning and was referred to your post. When you say "keeps" shutting off/rebooting - how often does that actually happen?

1 hour ago, tertyolwpp said:

Just wondering. I had a similar issue this morning and was referred to your post. When you say "keeps" shutting off/rebooting - how often does that actually happen?

Whenever you boot up your computer and let it run.  Then, it will shut off automatically.  It can shutoff automatically from 1 minute to 1 hour after booting up the computer.  

9 minutes ago, tertyolwpp said:

I just looked into your topic.  Are you using the Corsair LPX Vengeance DDR4 3600 CL 18?  I had that memory kit.  It did not work with the solution I have posted.  I had to switch it out for the Corsair LPX Vengeance DDR4 3200 CL 16 which works at the right settings.  Which BIOS are you on?  When you update the BIOS it will reset the BIOS settings.  BIOS F22 works fine with Corsair LPX Vengeance DDR4 3200 CL 16.  It might not work for others though.  BIOS F30 does not work for me with DDR4 3200 CL 16.

• 2 months later...

you my friend, are a god send ❤️
this method of rolling back my bios from f30 to f21 (for gigabyte x570 gaming x) allowed me to clock my 3600mhz oloy warhawks that were stuck at 2600mhz to a nice and stable 3200mhz with my ryzen 7 2700x (since that is the supported max ram speed for pinnacle ridge)
THANK YOU

On 12/12/2020 at 2:06 PM, its_dev said:

you my friend, are a god send ❤️
this method of rolling back my bios from f30 to f21 (for gigabyte x570 gaming x) allowed me to clock my 3600mhz oloy warhawks that were stuck at 2600mhz to a nice and stable 3200mhz with my ryzen 7 2700x (since that is the supported max ram speed for pinnacle ridge)
THANK YOU

You're welcome!  I am happy it worked for you!