Is this phone 100% dead?

Computernaut

My brother has had a Nexus 5X for the past couple years, but it seems to have finally kicked the bucket. He was using it the other day and then it suddenly froze. He tried to restart it, but after that it would not start. It might get as far as the Google logo before shutting off again. The next day it started working again so my brother tried to transfer his pictures to his computer. The phone died again while he was performing the transfer. It has been completely unresponsive since. Is the phone for sure dead, or is there something he/I could try that might resurrect it, at least long enough to retrieve the rest of pictures and such?

What is actually supposed to go here? Some people put their specs, others put random comments or remarks about themselves or others, and there are a few who put cryptic statements.

If it doesn’t power on, it doesn’t power on. Short of replacing parts or reseating components, there’s obviously nothing you can do to make it work again.

Make sure on their next phone that they have a cloud backup of their photos. Google provides this for free, it’s just a matter of turning on the setting from the app.

MacBook Pro 16 i9-9980HK - Radeon Pro 5500m 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 2TB NVME

iPhone 12 Mini / Sony WH-1000XM4 / Bose Companion 20