XMP setting causing audio popping and stuttering

Hi Guys, I am having problems with audio popping/crackling and general stuttering when my PC is under load. I have tried all the techniques i could find online for reducing DPC Latency and they have had no impact. Although i have noticed that if i run my RAM at the default 2133MHz the problem is greatly reduced but as soon as I enable XMP which bumps it up to 3600MHz the stuttering and audio popping/crackling becomes much more prominent.   

My specs: 

B450 Aorus Pro

Ryzen 7 3700x

Gtx 970

Corsair Vengeance LPX 16gb 3600mhz

EVGA supernova G+ 750

I have used the GTX 970 on a previous motherboard and had no issues so I am sure that isn't the problem, i also had the problem while using my last PSU and found upgrading to the Supernova made no difference also. I have also done a clean install of windows on a fresh SSD, updated all the chipset drivers, BIOS, Nvidia drivers etc. The only things that it could be (from what i can tell) is the mobo, RAM or CPU but I dont know how to fix whatever the issue is.

I cant find any information on how to fix the problem online so any help would be much appreciated. 

Also apologies if I have missed a thread regarding this on the forum, i have had this problem for months now and its driving me mad.