Random Black Screens with Audio still going on while gaming

laZboy322

So I've recently encountered stressful issues that's made gaming almost impossible to enjoy. I mainly play dota 2, csgo, and skyrim, dota2 consuming the most playtime.

(1.)So what happens is that my screen just goes black, completely losing display yet the audio still plays and you know when you press a button or hit a hotkey because the game sounds still come out. The monitor just goes blank and it just drives me nuts having to reset the pc over and over again. This happens even without background programs running other than the steam client, I don't have other programs open (no chrome, nothing. Aside from the os programs and stuff at the task manager). My temps are surely not hitting threshold even withoutan aftermarket cooler because dota is not a gpu intensive game, and in terms of graphics presets, I'm only on low-mid (even disabled a few advanced features). I've tried hours of finding what the cause is, but so far the only fix I have is to use launch settings in dota 2 and disabling display scaling on high dpi settings in the compatibility tab of the program as well as running dota 2 as admin. It still happens sometime even with the launch options, and happens frequently when I don't use those launch ops.

(2.) When playing csgo, I randomly get a screen freeze followed by a crash saying "Engine error : failed to lock index buffer in CMeshDX8::LockIndexBuffer." I have no idea what causes this (some say its an engine problem) and i have no idea how to fix it. It just happens sometimes very frequently, and there are those lucky boots where I don't run into it at all.

Skyrim crashed a lot before, considering I have less than the minimum ram requirement, it was reasonable. But I found a way to play it; I just didn't play it on full screen, I opened it on a smaller window and now it works well without any errors at all. 

These are my specs (although I'm planning to upgrade soon when I can go out and get some goods from a trusted parts shop)

Windows 8.1 Pro (64-bit)

i5-6500 @3.2 Ghz (actually runs at 3.5 due to an Intel boost)

Gigabyte H110M-H-CF Motherboard (LGA 1151)

4gb DDR4 Kingston ValueRam 

Nvidia GeForce 1050Ti 

1TB Western Digital HDD

Powerlogic ATX-700-W

Thanks in advance guys, bless you all