My pc cant boot properly

Juan11904

Hi,

first off thanks for even taking the time to read about by problem.

My pc specs:

win 10 latest update

msi gtx 1070

i5 7600k

gigabyte z270 gaming k3

4x4 ddr4 2133 (oc to 2600)

corsair tx550m

My pc is about 4 years now and yesterday out of nowhere i got a blue screen and after that the problems came, so i tried hard resetting the pc and during the process my pc screen kept flicking and showing dead pixels aswell and just freezing and trying to reboot by itself so i tried a diffrent monitor but that didnt work i also tired the cable but that didnt work as well.

when i finally got my pc to boot i only had 3 resolutions options(i added a screenshot) that were far below my my monitor res which is 2k and then when i try to install the graphics drives my screen gets pixelated and starts doing weird staff(added a screenshot) pls help and ty for reading.2025736586_WhatsAppImage2020-09-11at10_44_15.thumb.jpeg.1e6fcb164bd77065edf615f298dd362c.jpeg

WhatsApp Image 2020-09-11 at 10.45.00.jpeg

See if you can borrow another GPU. Looks like your one is dying 😢

I'm an IT System Admin with 15+ years worth of XP, plus I've been tinkering computers since I was old enough to hold a screwdriver, so I usually know what I'm talking about.

1 minute ago, ObsidianAura said:

See if you can borrow another GPU. Looks like your one is dying 😢

really didnt want to hear that

Unplug your GPU,try booting your PC using onboard graphics,seem like your GPU is dying.

I know I'm sorry. But every single time I've seen artefacts on the screen like that its been a faulty GPU

I'm an IT System Admin with 15+ years worth of XP, plus I've been tinkering computers since I was old enough to hold a screwdriver, so I usually know what I'm talking about.

Boot off your igpu and see. Most likely your PC is telling you to get it a new 3070 for it.

I will recommend an NHu12s (or an NHd15 (maybe)) for your PC build. Quote or @ me @Prodigy_Smit for me to see your replies.

PSU Teir List | Howdy! A Windows Hello Alternative 

Desktop :

i7 8700 | Quadro P4000 8GB |  64gb 2933Mhz cl18 | 500 GB Samsung 960 Pro | 1tb SSD Samsung 850 evo

Laptop :

ASUS G14 | R9 5900hs | RTX 3060 | 16GB 3200Mhz | 1 TB SSD

the res is fine now and its not gliching so that means my gpu is dead?

Just now, Juan11904 said:

the res is fine now and its not gliching so that means my gpu is dead?

Yeah, press F to pay respects i'm afraid.

MSI GPU warranty is 36 months I think, so it sounds like you're going to have to pay out for another.

2 hours ago, ObsidianAura said:

Yeah, press F to pay respects i'm afraid.

MSI GPU warranty is 36 months I think, so it sounds like you're going to have to pay out for another.

well shit, thanks anyways