No Fan Spin, No Boot, No Nothing. Please Help!

TundraFox275

I'm currently working on a PC project. I got the processor and RAM into the motherboard no problem, but then when I pugged in the power supply in a test bench setup and turn the computer on, nothing happens. I was able to confirm that the power supply works, but when it is connected to the motherboard... nothing. I've built a few PCs before, and have never experienced this problem. Does anyone know what could be wrong?

Here are the parts I'm using:

8GB DDR4 RAM

Intel i3 9100f 9th generation processor

ASUS Prime H310I-Plus R2.0 motherboard

Rosewill HIVE 550S Power Supply

Just to reiterate, I'm by no means an expert, but I have had some experience building computers. So I'm not a total noob. Any help or advice is welcome, thanks!

Two things.

A 9100f doesn't have integrated graphics. If you haven't installed a graphics card to your bench, it may be stuck at that part of the POST cycle.

Check the manual, you might be missing a power connector on the motherboard somewhere. You also might have the RAM in the wrong slot for where that motherboard wants a single stick.

Intel i7 8700k | Asus ROG Strix Z370-I | NVidia RTX 2070 Super Reference | Corsair Vengeance Pro RGB 3600MHz x 32GB | Samsung 970 Evo 500GB NVMe | Samsung QVO 1TB SSD | Custom Loop | Corsair RMx 850w Gold | Phanteks Evolv iTX TG (modded) | Acer Predator XB1

2 minutes ago, NickPickerWI said:

Two things.

A 9100f doesn't have integrated graphics. If you haven't installed a graphics card to your bench, it may be stuck at that part of the POST cycle.

Check the manual, you might be missing a power connector on the motherboard somewhere. You also might have the RAM in the wrong slot for where that motherboard wants a single stick.

if it was stuck in post cycle it would still spin the fans for a second as it charges the caps and starts the post sequence. RAM does the same thing, small blip of power and you'll hear things try to start before failing.

The best gaming PC is the PC you like to game on, how you like to game on it

4 minutes ago, GhostRoadieBL said:

if it was stuck in post cycle it would still spin the fans for a second as it charges the caps and starts the post sequence. RAM does the same thing, small blip of power and you'll hear things try to start before failing.

You're probably right about flashing the BIOS. I didn't see the model of motherboard OP had.

Edited by NickPickerWI
missed a few words

Intel i7 8700k | Asus ROG Strix Z370-I | NVidia RTX 2070 Super Reference | Corsair Vengeance Pro RGB 3600MHz x 32GB | Samsung 970 Evo 500GB NVMe | Samsung QVO 1TB SSD | Custom Loop | Corsair RMx 850w Gold | Phanteks Evolv iTX TG (modded) | Acer Predator XB1