Which fans?

Elverias

Hello there,

while i prepare my PC for the 3000 GPU's, i want already change my PSU, my fans and clean up everything (please ignore the dust, thx :D). While searching for fans for a few hours now, i just don't get it.

So, how many fans would you recommend and which ones? Maybe there is a budget, value and a best options out there? And if you think i should get another case, lmk.

Edit: I forget to mention it doesn't matter if it's RGB or so on. I prefer performance about the look :D 

The case is the Corsair Graphite 780T. Possible fans are:
Front: 2x 200mm/ 2x 140mm/ 3x 120mm

Back: 1x 140mm/ 1x 120mm

Top: 2x 140mm/ 3x 120mm

Bottom (does it makes sense?): 2x 120mm

I'll remove the HDD cage, maybe put the HDD's at the top right, if it's possible. The PSU will be changed with the Corsair HX850i. Depending on the GPU i buy, the GT 710 (under the CPU cooler) will be removed; I just (and still ) needed the HDMI slot lol.

IMG_20200506_153612.jpg

$_59.jpg

The best gaming PC is the PC you like to game on, how you like to game on it

3 minutes ago, narrdarr said:

sorry which case is this?

Corsair Graphite 780T :)

46 minutes ago, GhostRoadieBL said:

Thank you. I'll check them out later 

your current config is fine. Although if want new fans here ya go.

200mm are high air flow low noise fans big down side is they offer almost zero static pressure( the ability to to push air through objects like a rad/heatsink/hdd cage/ect)

140mm and 120mm are the sweet spots. although picking fans can be a hassle unless you know what your looking for. Personal and i think many people would agree AF (air flow) fans are a waste. What you want are SP (Static Pressure) fans. They can move just as much air and are able to push the air through obstructions.

As i said at the beginning your current is fine. If you want to add a fan. I would add 1 fan to the top rear of the case.

If you want to over haul you and get new fans for your whole system.

2x 140mm or 3x 1200mm for the front( i'd go 140mm, it will move more than enough air and simply look better in that case, but 3 120mmx would move a little bit more air. also if you choose RGB fans it will like alot better with 140mm fans)

1x 120mm rear

1x 140mm top rear ( you don't want the top full of fans as it will pull fresh out of the case before it gets used by the system.)

fan recommendation

defiantly not those "up here" fans

Get

Arctic P12 PWM and/or P14 PWM. they are really great at SP and low noise at a low cost.

Reading through tests, watched some videos and seeing your posts, I decided to get some Arctic P12 120mm PWM combined with the DEEP COOL FH-10 FanHub.

I'm not 100% sure if the way i want to connect them is right, so want to to ask here. On the FanHub itself, it says "CPU FAN". Do i really need to put it in my "CPU_FAN" of my motherbut or will any port work since they're all 4-pins? I mean, thats also what they described, right?

And one more thing about the CPU fans. Should i plug them into the fanhub? Leave them in CPU_FAN and CPU_OPT or connect them both through a Y cable to CPU_FAN?

1.png

2.png

no you dont have to use use the cpu header.

the easiest way to explain this.

connect the most amount of fans that you want to run at the same to the hub

if you have a y splitter and have 2 fans that you want to run at the same speed use it.

example

fans.thumb.png.7d632a7c89dc50401cbc846fb0ad019a.png