Is this case RGB compatible with my MOBO?

Jakebrims
Go to solution Solved by WaggishOhio383,
15 minutes ago, Jakebrims said:

Hiya

i was looking at the "MasterBox MB511 ARGB" and wanted to know if the RGB will work, my mobo doesnt have RGB headers tho.   B450M-K

This is my first look into rgb so sorry if its a stupid question :)

Thanks

You won't be able to control the RGB from your motherboard via software on your computer if you don't have an RGB header. However, the case does include an optional wired remote button that can be used to change the RGB between different presets. You can also rewire the reset button on the case to change the RGB instead if you would like.

More info on how it works if you scroll down to the section titled "ARGB CONTROLLER" on this page: https://www.coolermaster.com/catalog/cases/mid-tower/masterbox-mb511-argb/

Hiya

i was looking at the "MasterBox MB511 ARGB" and wanted to know if the RGB will work, my mobo doesnt have RGB headers tho.   B450M-K

Thanks

GPU: RTX 3060Ti 8GB

CPU: Ryzen 5 3600

RAM: 32GB DDR4 3200MHz  

Mobo: B450M-K

Keyboard: Logitech G915

Mouse: Logitch G502 HERO Lightspeed

Audio: BeyerDynamic Tygr 300R

15 minutes ago, Jakebrims said:

Hiya

Thanks

You won't be able to control the RGB from your motherboard via software on your computer if you don't have an RGB header. However, the case does include an optional wired remote button that can be used to change the RGB between different presets. You can also rewire the reset button on the case to change the RGB instead if you would like.

More info on how it works if you scroll down to the section titled "ARGB CONTROLLER" on this page: https://www.coolermaster.com/catalog/cases/mid-tower/masterbox-mb511-argb/

I mostly speak from my own past experience from similar problems. My solution may not work for you, but I'll always try my best to help as much as I can. If you want me to see your reply, make sure to quote my comment or mention me @WaggishOhio383, and I'll get back to you as soon as possible.

-- My PC Build --

Ryzen 7 2700x

AsRock B450 Steel Legend

XFX RX 590 Fatboy

Crucial Ballistix Tactical Tracer RGB 16GB 3200MHz
120GB Crucial BX500 SSD + 2TB Seagate Barracuda HDD

Corsair CX650M

Phanteks Eclipse P350x

1 minute ago, WaggishOhio383 said:

Ahh ok, thank you. are the RGB profiles predefined i assume?

Just now, Jakebrims said:

Ahh ok, thank you. are the RGB profiles predefined i assume?

Yes. Unfortunately you cannot create your own color patterns, but there are 14 presets available so hopefully you can find one you like.

I mostly speak from my own past experience from similar problems. My solution may not work for you, but I'll always try my best to help as much as I can. If you want me to see your reply, make sure to quote my comment or mention me @WaggishOhio383, and I'll get back to you as soon as possible.

-- My PC Build --

Ryzen 7 2700x

AsRock B450 Steel Legend

XFX RX 590 Fatboy

Corsair CX650M

Phanteks Eclipse P350x

Just now, WaggishOhio383 said:

Yes. Unfortunately you cannot create your own color patterns, but there are 14 presets available so hopefully you can find one you like.

Ohh ok, do you know how the remote button will connect to the board? im guessing its USB?

Just now, Jakebrims said:

Ohh ok, do you know how the remote button will connect to the board? im guessing its USB?

It doesn't connect to your motherboard. It connects to the fan hub. I would assume you just connect the 3 or 4-pin RGB cable straight into it, rather than plugging into the header on your motherboard (which you don''t have). I believe the remote also requires power, but I don't know for sure what kind of connector is used for that.

-- My PC Build --

Ryzen 7 2700x

AsRock B450 Steel Legend

XFX RX 590 Fatboy

Corsair CX650M

Phanteks Eclipse P350x

Just now, WaggishOhio383 said:

It doesn't connect to your motherboard. It connects to the fan hub. I would assume you just connect the 3 or 4-pin RGB cable straight into it, rather than plugging into the header on your motherboard (which you don''t have). I believe the remote also requires power, but I don't know for sure what kind of connector is used for that.

Ahhh right i get ya, sorry if the question seems stupid, ive just decided to go rgb lol 

1 minute ago, Jakebrims said:

Ahhh right i get ya, sorry if the question seems stupid, ive just decided to go rgb lol 

No worries. It was somewhat complicated for me figuring out how RGB wiring works the first time around. It makes a lot more sense once you've actually done it.

-- My PC Build --

Ryzen 7 2700x

AsRock B450 Steel Legend

XFX RX 590 Fatboy

Corsair CX650M

Phanteks Eclipse P350x