Fractal Design Define R4 Black Pearl motherboardstandoffs not fitting

Go to solution Solved by mk005,

Unless you can drill and tap threads. You're better off rmaing it. If its a cornor i may be worried about the motherboard shorting to the plate. If it were in the middle, I would just leave it unless the board warps. I had a similar problem (the top of my rear io doesnt lign up) and I kind of regret not doing anything about it

Hey, i have a problem regarding ONE of the motherboardstandoffs in my new Fractal Design R4 Black Pearl. Yesterday i moved my system from my old case into the Fractal Design Define R4 when it came to screwing in the motherboardstandoffs at first everything was fine but then when it had to screw in the last necessary/recommended standoff for my ATX board i noticed that i just wasn´t possible i tried to get that damn thing in for like a hour then I gave up.All of them were easy to get in only the last one not.

I think the hole for the screw is just a little bit too tiny to fit.

Did anyone of you have that kind of problem in a R4 case? And if yes is there a trick or a simple and easy way ro fix this or do would you recommend sending it back and ordering a new one?

Thanks for your help

NuraXx

Unless you can drill and tap threads. You're better off rmaing it. If its a cornor i may be worried about the motherboard shorting to the plate. If it were in the middle, I would just leave it unless the board warps. I had a similar problem (the top of my rear io doesnt lign up) and I kind of regret not doing anything about it

First Build:| Gigabyte 990FXa-UD3 | FX 8120 4.0Ghz | Coolermaster Seidon 240M | Asus Radeon HD 7870 | Kingston HyperX 3k 120GB SSD + WD Green 2TB HDD | Corsair RM750 | 8Gb Kingston HyperX 1866Mhz CL9| Fractal Define R4 White/Windowed |