Question

slaapzz

I know this is funny to ask but can I have a RTX 2080ti and a i7 7700 and run on 1080p

a 2080 ti for 1080p is pretty unnecessary, but I guess if your friend is upgrading to a 3090 and you're getting that 2080 ti for free/cheap then I guess why not.

I WILL find your ITX build thread, and I WILL recommend the SIlverstone Sugo SG13B

Primary PC:

i7 8086k - EVGA Z370 Classified K - G.Skill Trident Z RGB - WD SN750 - Jedi Order Titan Xp - Hyper 212 Black (with RGB Riing flair) - EVGA G3 650W - dual booting Windows 10 and Linux - Black and green theme, Razer brainwashed me.

Draws 400 watts under max load, for reference.

How many watts do I needATX 3.0 & PCIe 5.0 spec, PSU misconceptions, protections explainedgroup reg is bad

18 minutes ago, tank234 said:

sure but why?

how bad is the bottle neck?

17 minutes ago, Fasauceome said:

a 2080 ti for 1080p is pretty unnecessary, but I guess if your friend is upgrading to a 3090 and you're getting that 2080 ti for free/cheap then I guess why not.

I was planning on getting the RTX 3070 but only AMD motherboards have PCI-E 4.0

Just now, slaapzz said:

how bad is the bottle neck?

and to just have good FPS on games

1 minute ago, slaapzz said:

I was planning on getting the RTX 3070 but only AMD motherboards have PCI-E 4.0

doesn't matter

I WILL find your ITX build thread, and I WILL recommend the SIlverstone Sugo SG13B

Primary PC:

i7 8086k - EVGA Z370 Classified K - G.Skill Trident Z RGB - WD SN750 - Jedi Order Titan Xp - Hyper 212 Black (with RGB Riing flair) - EVGA G3 650W - dual booting Windows 10 and Linux - Black and green theme, Razer brainwashed me.

How many watts do I needATX 3.0 & PCIe 5.0 spec, PSU misconceptions, protections explainedgroup reg is bad

not sure how bad the bottleneck would be as you can't really tell but it wont be that bad It depends on what games you are playing and if they are more gpu or cpu intensive @Fasauceome I am generally confused about the term bottleneck mind telling me what exactly it is and how you know you have it or will get it?

3 minutes ago, tank234 said:

not sure how bad the bottleneck would be as you can't really tell but it wont be that bad It depends on what games you are playing and if they are more gpu or cpu intensive @Fasauceome I am generally confused about the term bottleneck mind telling me what exactly it is and how you know you have it or will get it?

most people use "bottleneck" to describe when a component of your PC is holding you back, whether it's in some game or application. 

However it's so dreadfully overused, and misunderstood. It's best not to use the word at all really, because computers are very complicated and often can't have blanket statements about their performance applied. When someone asks if they are going to have a bottleneck, you need to find out what games they are going to play and how they will play them, but many people will answer the question of a bottleneck when all the OP has done is list hardware.

Primary PC:

4 minutes ago, Fasauceome said:

most people use "bottleneck" to describe when a component of your PC is holding you back, whether it's in some game or application. 

However it's so dreadfully overused, and misunderstood. It's best not to use the word at all really, because computers are very complicated and often can't have blanket statements about their performance applied. When someone asks if they are going to have a bottleneck, you need to find out what games they are going to play and how they will play them, but many people will answer the question of a bottleneck when all the OP has done is list hardware.

thank you for explaining that I will be keeping that in mind!

13 minutes ago, Fasauceome said:

doesn't matter

wdym I can use PCI-E 3.0 and it woul work just fine

7 minutes ago, slaapzz said:

wdym I can use PCI-E 3.0 and it woul work just fine

yes, PCIe 4.0 GPUs are compatible with PCIe 3.0 slots, like the RX 5000 series from AMD.

Primary PC:

1 minute ago, Fasauceome said:

yes, PCIe 4.0 GPUs are compatible with PCIe 3.0 slots, like the RX 5000 series from AMD.

nice

Saying 'the 2080 Ti is overkill for high refresh 1080p' really depends on what kinds of games you play. If you play CSGO, then of course it is, but if you play the latest AAA games (Red Dead 2, Microsoft Flight sim 2020, etc), with ultra detail, then it really isn't. I have a 165 Hz 1080p monitor with a RX 5700 XT and am thinking of getting a 3070 when it comes out. If we believe that the 3070 is equal to the 2080 Ti, then I should finally be able to get high FPS (120+) in these kinds of games. Add in Ray-tracing and it makes even more demands on the GPU. 
The OP might need a CPU upgrade to get the most of the GPU however.

CPU i7 14700K | CPU Cooler Noctua NH-U12A | Motherboard MSI Pro Z690-A | GPU Zotac Airo RTX 4080 | RAM 32 GB GSkill Ripjaws V 4400
Mhz |
 Monitor Alienware AW2721D / Gigabyte M28U | PSU ASUS ROG Strix 850G