Looking to upgrade RAM

Hello!

I'm currently sitting on 16GB of RAM (ADATA XPG GAMMIX D10 16GB (2 x 8 GB) DDR4-2666 CL16)

I'd like to bump up to 32 GB of RAM.  I'm looking at Corsair Vengeance LPX 32 GB (4 x 8 GB) DDR4-2666 CL16.

I'm worried about only buying 2 sticks of the Corsair and mixing/matching brands.  Is this something to actually worry about?

Also, as far as I can tell this should be compatible with my Core i5 8400 and B360 motherboard.  Can anyone forsee any problems?  I'm not finding this particular RAM on my compatibility list which has me a little worried.

Thank you!

My crystal ball says that mix matching memory is always an unknown adventure.

50% chance everything will be fine.

Let us know how it goes!

Yep that's what I figured.  I think I'll probably just shell out for 4 sticks of the Corsair.

Thanks!

RAM compatibility is one of the greatest unknowns in the universe. Sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't, and nobody really knows why. If you're not in a rush to get things working, I'd go ahead and buy two sticks of the Corsair (from a retailer with a good return policy), so you can RMA it if it's not working. 

Main PC:

AMD Ryzen 7 5800X • Noctua NH-D15 • MSI MAG B550 Tomahawk • 2x8GB G.skill Trident Z Neo 3600MHz CL16 • MSI VENTUS 3X GeForce RTX 3070 OC • Samsung 970 Evo 1TB • Samsung 860 Evo 1TB • Cosair iCUE 465X RGB • Corsair RMx 750W (White)

Peripherals/Other:

ASUS VG27AQ • G PRO K/DA • G502 Hero K/DA • G733 K/DA • G840 K/DA • Oculus Quest 2 • Nintendo Switch (Rev. 2)

Laptop (Dell XPS 13):

Intel Core i7-1195G7 • Intel Iris Xe Graphics • 16GB LPDDR4x 4267MHz • 512GB M.2 PCIe NVMe SSD • 13.4" OLED 3.5K InfinityEdge Display (3456x2160, 400nit, touch). 

Got any questions about my system or peripherals? Feel free to tag me (@bellabichon) and I'll be happy to give you my two cents. 

PSA: Posting a PCPartPicker list with no explanation isn't helpful for first-time builders :)