Motorola let's you ask "what's up" for notifications [touchless control]

Ebenesh

Touchless-Control-Droid-Ultra.jpg?itok=F

Motorola just rolled out an update to the touchless control app on select phones that let you say "what's up" to view all your notifications. The new feature's fully available in English, Italian and Spanish, but it might be available in other languages in the future.It is available on select devices right now. The phone must also be updated to Android 4.4 KitKat to be compatible.

The app will be compatible with the

MOTO X
Droid Ultra
Droid Mini
Droid Max

Source TechAlways

originally from Androidcentral

*Looks at nexus 5

Stay strong in these tough times :-(

Motherboard - Gigabyte P67A-UD5 Processor - Intel Core i7-2600K RAM - G.Skill Ripjaws @1600 8GB Graphics Cards  - MSI and EVGA GeForce GTX 580 SLI PSU - Cooler Master Silent Pro 1,000w SSD - OCZ Vertex 3 120GB x2 HDD - WD Caviar Black 1TB Case - Corsair Obsidian 600D Audio - Asus Xonar DG

Hail Sithis!

*Looks at nexus 5

I need some ROM devs to pick up the pace in following Motorola. I mean with Active Display on ROMs now, it's only matter of time before they have this too :P

“The value of a college education is not the learning of many facts but the training of the mind to think”

I need some ROM devs to pick up the pace in following Motorola. I mean with Active Display on ROMs now, it's only matter of time before they have this too :P

lack of an AMOLED screen on the nexus makes it a little bit of a different animal for those features.

I do wish Google would look at the nexus line as more of a consumer device now that non-devs are buying it and add some unique features. At least they're rolling out bug fixes for some issues that I have been seeing.

Motherboard - Gigabyte P67A-UD5 Processor - Intel Core i7-2600K RAM - G.Skill Ripjaws @1600 8GB Graphics Cards  - MSI and EVGA GeForce GTX 580 SLI PSU - Cooler Master Silent Pro 1,000w SSD - OCZ Vertex 3 120GB x2 HDD - WD Caviar Black 1TB Case - Corsair Obsidian 600D Audio - Asus Xonar DG

Hail Sithis!

lack of an AMOLED screen on the nexus makes it a little bit of a different animal for those features.

I do wish Google would look at the nexus line as more of a consumer device now that non-devs are buying it and add some unique features. At least they're rolling out bug fixes for some issues that I have been seeing.

Yeah that's the only thing I miss going from my Galaxy Nexus to the Nexus 5. As much as I do prefer a display where I can read in direct sunlight, the advantages of AMOLED do out weigh the cons sometimes...:(

“The value of a college education is not the learning of many facts but the training of the mind to think”

It would be nice if it came with other android phones too.

Like watching Anime? Consider joining the unofficial LTT Anime Club Heaven Society~ ^.^

*Looks at nexus 5

Internationally Motorola it's just as bad as Samsung to come up with updates i.e. I still have no kit kat update when it's been months, the fact that it's supposed to be close to stock android has obviously not made any bit of a difference here.

-------

Current Rig

-------

Yeah that's the only thing I miss going from my Galaxy Nexus to the Nexus 5. As much as I do prefer a display where I can read in direct sunlight, the advantages of AMOLED do out weigh the cons sometimes...:(

yeah same story with my S3. The nexus 5 screen is fabulous though.

Hail Sithis!

Internationally Motorola it's just as bad as Samsung to come up with updates i.e. I still have no kit kat update when it's been months, the fact that it's supposed to be close to stock android has obviously not made any bit of a difference here.

While, yes, the android updates are so much faster on Nexus devices, I have to disagree on that point. Most Nexus users flash ROMs, so even if it wasn't a "Google phone", but was the brain child of a Google like company (in terms of a cheap phone that can be easily rooted and bootloader unlocked), and ran Android developed by another company, it would still get fast updates due to ROM devs. Heck, my Galaxy Nexus has a 4.4 kitkat rom :)

So if you really wanted the latest updates, all you really have to do is flash a ROM developed for your phone.

at least you don't have to worry about Touchwiz's bloated nature. I would take slower updates with an OS that has features that I use rather than one that is bloated and full of useless shit. KITKAT is great but it's not that big of a difference on high end devices but a big difference in low end devices, especially ones with jellybean.

Hail Sithis!

at least you don't have to worry about Touchwiz's bloated nature. I would take slower updates with an OS that has features that I use rather than one that is bloated and full of useless shit. KITKAT is great but it's not that big of a difference on high end devices but a big difference in low end devices, especially ones with jellybean.

Oh I know that I'm much better off with the Moto X than with a Samsung device in which case I would be pretty much forced to root to get rid of touch wiz like you said. But still here's a feature I'll be missing out on, possibly for good since I don't think Motorola is ever going to push out kitkat for competing carriers: the biggest carrier here has a nasty habit of somehow getting all the newer phones first by several months and even when other competing carriers are allowed to sell the phones they usually never get updates at all whatsoever.

As always, the biggest plague on the mobile arena it's still carriers.

-------

Current Rig

-------

While, yes, the android updates are so much faster on Nexus devices, I have to disagree on that point. Most Nexus users flash ROMs, so even if it wasn't a "Google phone", but was the brain child of a Google like company (in terms of a cheap phone that can be easily rooted and booloader unlocked), and ran Android developed by another company, it would still get fast updates due to ROM devs. Heck, my Galaxy Nexus has a 4.4 kitkat rom :)

So if you really wanted the latest updates, all you really have to do is flash a ROM developed for your phone.

rooting and romming my S3 was a huge improvement over stock. It's a pain dealing with some of the bugs and such but it was overall a great experience. I haven't even rooted my N5 but I plan on remedying that problem soon ;) . I work with a couple of guys that have Nexus 5's and they have custom Roms on theirs and they said it's a lot better than stock.

Hail Sithis!

*Looks at nexus 5Stay strong in these tough times :-(

If your grave doesn't say "rest in peace" on it You are automatically drafted into the skeleton war.

rooting and romming my S3 was a huge improvement over stock. It's a pain dealing with some of the bugs and such but it was overall a great experience. I haven't even rooted my N5 but I plan on remedying that problem soon ;) . I work with a couple of guys that have Nexus 5's and they have custom Roms on theirs and they said it's a lot better than stock.

I was on the Carbon ROM train before they even released their nightlies. Oh god never again. Stay away from "unofficial builds". They truely are "unofficial" lmao. I wouldn't say that it's a lot better than stock, but it's an improvement. I've generally stayed away and just rooted my phone until a "monthly" build comes along. The nightlies are just a tad bit too glitchy for my taste (for example, having the Google Now arrow in place of the NavBar when I lock my phone and then it stays that way when I go to unlock. So I can't use the NavBar. It doesn't do that when I let the timer lock it)

While, yes, the android updates are so much faster on Nexus devices, I have to disagree on that point. Most Nexus users flash ROMs, so even if it wasn't a "Google phone", but was the brain child of a Google like company (in terms of a cheap phone that can be easily rooted and bootloader unlocked), and ran Android developed by another company, it would still get fast updates due to ROM devs. Heck, my Galaxy Nexus has a 4.4 kitkat rom :)

I think you're missing the point: the upgrades and fragmentation it's still an issue because of excessive control given to carriers: while things might be getting better elsewhere this is still a major issue abroad. So yes while I could technically do all I shouldn't have to since google should have figured this out by now

-------

Current Rig

-------

I think you're missing the point: the upgrades and fragmentation it's still an issue because of excessive control given to carriers: while things might be getting better elsewhere this is still a major issue abroad. So yes while I could technically do all I shouldn't have to since google should have figured this out by now

Ohh sorry about that. I am pretty much the only person within anyone of importance to me that flashes ROMs. And since I've always had a Nexus phone, I don't know issues outside of it.

I think you're missing the point: the upgrades and fragmentation it's still an issue because of excessive control given to carriers: while things might be getting better elsewhere this is still a major issue abroad. So yes while I could technically do all I shouldn't have to since google should have figured this out by now

Google Is trying to stop that. They are taking control of Android it seems. They slapped Samsung on the hand for shitty duplicate apps and a useless app store. It's only a matter of time before they punch carriers in the balls.

Hail Sithis!

Google Is trying to stop that. They are taking control of Android it seems. They slapped Samsung on the hand for shitty duplicate apps and a useless app store. It's only a matter of time before they punch carriers in the balls.

For the US only at this time. Yet most of their sales money comes from abroad sales. Again I have nothing against their efforts in doing so, I just think it needs to be very clear that for the most part they continue a long tradition of incredible shortsightedness in regards of international markets deeming them as second class citizens.

-------

Current Rig

-------

For the US only at this time. Yet most of their sales money comes from abroad sales. Again I have nothing against their efforts in doing so, I just think it needs to be very clear that for the most part they continue a long tradition of incredible shortsightedness in regards of international markets deeming them as second class citizens.

yeah, hopefully they address that soon.

Hail Sithis!