Realtek HD audio Mic issues.

Massa9

I am trying to get a headset/mic to work. It is recognized and the options are all there but it just does not function at all. I have 5.1 audio usually but there is the Blue and pink rear plugs have a splitter or adapter not quite sure what to call it. Either way I can plug my headset into these plugs and my speaker and headset are bot recognized but no sound to or from the Headset is there a way to get this to work. 

I am trying to get a headset/mic to work. It is recognized and the options are all there but it just does not function at all. I have 5.1 audio usually but there is the Blue and pink rear plugs have a splitter or adapter not quite sure what to call it. Either way I can plug my headset into these plugs and my speaker and headset are bot recognized but no sound to or from the Headset is there a way to get this to work. 

Which headset do you have?

Mystery is the source of all true science.

what do you mean blue plugs? what do you mean splitters? I'm having a hard time understanding the post. Headsets / headphones are supposed to be plugged into the green port on the back of your PC. the blue one is Line in, I think, so that wouldn't work at all.

Reviews: JBL J33i   M50s   SRH440   Soundmagic PL50           

Nevermind I guess I have to unplug the speakers fully. I though I could use the splitters that come out of the 3.5mm speaker jacks.