Phanteks fan hub/controller

Go to solution Solved by Deli,

I have this fan controller. The three button remote actual dimensions, 48x19x7mm

BTW, although I don't use the remote. Instead use mobo BIOS fan control for the fan hub.

I'm trying to decide between a Phanteks Universal Fan Controller PH-PWHUB_02 and a DeepCool FH-10.

My motherboard only has 2 fan headers (CPU and SYS) and I want to install 3 120 mm Corsair AF120 plus a stock corsair 120 mm rear fan. I don't want to use a fan header splitter because I think it will put a big load on a single header with 4 fans (3 of them with LED).

My initial idea was to use a Phanteks controller, the PH-PWHUB_02 comes with a manual control. This will allow to run the AF120 at low speed when idle or in a light load (AF120 are 3 pins).

But I can't find any photos of video of this controller in the wild, my concern is the size of the remote. I don't want a big piece of plastic sticking outside of the case. It looks small in phanteks website, but marketing is tricky.

If somebody has a PH-PWHUB_02 please let me know how big the remote is. If it is too big I will rather go for a DeepCool splitter and run the fans a full speed.

img

Well, if you consider the fact that it seems all the items in the photo are to scale and nothing is shrunken or enlarged, it looks like the remote isn't that big. You can just compare it to the size of the SATA cable right next to it. It looks to me like the size of the remote in the picture is accurate, since the plug on the cable coming out of the remote looks like it's the right size to fit into the controller hub ports (and likewise for the SATA cable).

I mostly speak from my own past experience from similar problems. My solution may not work for you, but I'll always try my best to help as much as I can. If you want me to see your reply, make sure to quote my comment or mention me @WaggishOhio383, and I'll get back to you as soon as possible.

-- My PC Build --

Ryzen 7 2700x

AsRock B450 Steel Legend

XFX RX 590 Fatboy

Crucial Ballistix Tactical Tracer RGB 16GB 3200MHz
120GB Crucial BX500 SSD + 2TB Seagate Barracuda HDD

Corsair CX650M

Phanteks Eclipse P350x

I have this fan controller. The three button remote actual dimensions, 48x19x7mm

BTW, although I don't use the remote. Instead use mobo BIOS fan control for the fan hub.

59 minutes ago, Deli said:

Thanks for that info i found a perfect place to put it next to my case.

On 8/29/2020 at 3:23 PM, Deli said:

I purchased the controller, found it at $19 in Amazon and it was big difference.

I don't think my single fan conector with the Y splitter was powering my fans efficiently. As soon as I plug the controller the led on my fans was brighter. I ran a few tests and I saw a 5°C drop in temperature.

I went ahead and added an extra fan that I had laying around. My ambient temperature is around 28 - 32°C and after adding 1 top exhaust my temperature dropped ~10°C. Now I have 1 rear exhaust,1 top exhaust and 2 front intake fans.

My Ryzen 5 2600 is now at 68-74°C at full load and 38-42°C at idle. Before adding the controller and the extra exhaust it was running at 81-86°C under load and 45-50 at idle.

So, the fan controller it was a good investment.

2 hours ago, lithium_6 said:

I purchased the controller, found it at $19 in Amazon and it was big difference.

I don't think my single fan conector with the Y splitter was powering my fans efficiently. As soon as I plug the controller the led on my fans was brighter. I ran a few tests and I saw a 5°C drop in temperature.

I went ahead and added an extra fan that I had laying around. My ambient temperature is around 28 - 32°C and after adding 1 top exhaust my temperature dropped ~10°C. Now I have 1 rear exhaust,1 top exhaust and 2 front intake fans.

My Ryzen 5 2600 is now at 68-74°C at full load and 38-42°C at idle. Before adding the controller and the extra exhaust it was running at 81-86°C under load and 45-50 at idle.

So, the fan controller it was a good investment.

I like this fan hub as it can control both 3 and 4 pin fan. Glad it works great for you.