Windows installation, Driver not found

TechPioneer

My friend gave me an old laptop and asked me to reinstall windows. I have done it many times, but Windows 10 didn't install, because of some "non compatibility". 

After that I made a bootable USB drive with Windows 7 and plugged that in, but now it said that no device drivers were found. As a last attempt I wiped the drive with Dban and used a different Windows 7 ISO file. Any ideas how i can fix this?

The laptop is: Dell Inspiron N5110

23 minutes ago, TechPioneer said:

My friend gave me an old laptop and asked me to reinstall windows. I have done it many times, but Windows 10 didn't install, because of some "non compatibility". 

After that I made a bootable USB drive with Windows 7 and plugged that in, but now it said that no device drivers were found. As a last attempt I wiped the drive with Dban and used a different Windows 7 ISO file. Any ideas how i can fix this?

The laptop is: Dell Inspiron N5110

You should made full system image (backup) every time you want to "improve" something or made reinstall - just in case you fail.

My advice - do not touch it if it works. System do not need to be constantly reinstalling. It's not a beer that you must open another bottle every 20 minutes.

16 hours ago, Electronics Wizardy said:

What exact issues did windows 10 give you when installing? Did it see the boot drive? 

When I tried booting from a USB it said "This laptop isn't compatible with the OS" or something among that line..

15 hours ago, homeap5 said:

You should made full system image (backup) every time you want to "improve" something or made reinstall - just in case you fail.

My advice - do not touch it if it works. System do not need to be constantly reinstalling. It's not a beer that you must open another bottle every 20 minutes.

I usually just clean the drives and download drivers, but in this case, the OS was beyond any help: the license was missing, bunch of bloatware, bunch of questionable apps and it was super slow. I figured cleaning would take forever and that's why I did it.

Also making an image and cloning it on another drives is a great idea. Thanks for the advice!

20 minutes ago, TechPioneer said:

When I tried booting from a USB it said "This laptop isn't compatible with the OS" or something among that line..

Can you show a picture of this error? when does it occur?

1 minute ago, Electronics Wizardy said:

Can you show a picture of this error? when does it occur?

I'm currently not at home and will post an image as soon as I get there.

1 hour ago, TechPioneer said:

Also making an image and cloning it on another drives is a great idea. Thanks for the advice!

You don't must clone system to another drive. Just image it using second computer - this will create one big file that you can restore later. And that file can be located anywhere.

Btw. uninstalling bloatware and fixing bugs should not be a problem if you know what you're doing. People will be very happy when you return their computers with the same system but faster and cleaner. Not everyone likes to install everything again.

Just now, Electronics Wizardy said:

This normally means there is a bad install disk. Try using a different usb stick and redownloading the iso.

I'll get a new stick and try it out. Thanks for helping out!