Building my first high end PC! Need some help.

Budget (including currency): 40,000 NOK or 4000 usd

Games, programs or workloads that it will be used for: High end PC games such as Total War franchise, Strategy games, Some FPS Shooters, RPG, Witcher 3, League of Legends, and future proofing for newer games. 

Other details (existing parts lists, whether any peripherals are needed, what you're upgrading from, when you're going to buy, what resolution and refresh rate you want to play at, etc): Buying all new from Komplett.no PC builder. My goal is highest possible setting on the Total War franchise, and a good setup I don't need to change immediately in the coming years. https://www.komplett.no/product/1154596/gaming/gaming-utstyr/gamingskjermer/samsung-27-curved-gamingskjerm-odyssey-g7 this is the screen I want to use along with the PC. 

This are the parts I have so far picked. Komplett dont have the biggest selection for some of these parts. 

Fractal Design Define 7 Mid Tower Sort/Hvit

ASUS GeForce RTX 2080 SUPER DUAL EVO OC V2

Intel Core i9-10900 Prosessor

Corsair iCUE H100i RGB PRO XT

HyperX Fury DDR4 3200MHz 32GB

WD Black SN750 1TB M.2 SSD

MSI MPG Z490 GAMING PLUS hovedkort

Corsair RM1000i, 1000W PSU

Appreciate all feedback, Thanks!

Edited by Dolstein
Thank -> Thanks

10900, especially non-K is a horrible value. You'd be much better off with a 3900X. Better performance and cheaper as well. Plus, you don't need that expensive Z490 motherboard. You can pair the 3900X with a good B550, even. Even if you stick with Intel, you don't pair a non-K chip with a Z motherboard. The whole point is overclocking.

CPU: AMD Ryzen 9 5900X · Cooler: Artic Liquid Freezer II 280 · Motherboard: MSI MEG X570 Unify · RAM: G.skill Ripjaws V 2x16GB 3600MHz CL16 (2Rx8) · Graphics Card: ASUS GeForce RTX 3060 Ti TUF Gaming · Boot Drive: 500GB WD Black SN750 M.2 NVMe SSD · Game Drive: 2TB Crucial MX500 SATA SSD · PSU: Corsair White RM850x 850W 80+ Gold · Case: Corsair 4000D Airflow · Monitor: MSI Optix MAG342CQR 34” UWQHD 3440x1440 144Hz · Keyboard: Corsair K100 RGB Optical-Mechanical Gaming Keyboard (OPX Switch) · Mouse: Corsair Ironclaw RGB Wireless Gaming Mouse

welcome to the forums!

have you considered waiting for ampere, zen 3 and big navi? considering your budget, buying now isnt really a good idea.

G502 Lightspeed Review

PC:

Spoiler

i5-6400

GIGABYTE GA-H110M-DS2

CORSAIR VENGEANCE LPX 2X4 DDR4-2666MHz

ASUS ROG STRIX-GTX 1060-O6G

SEAGATE 2TB HDD

FUJISTU F300 240GB SSD

CORSAIR CX750M

Laptop:

Spoiler

Acer Nitro 5
i5 8300h
GTX 1050 4Gb
12 Gb RAM

128 Gb SSD

1 Tb HDD

Peripherals:

Spoiler

Keyboard:

Logitech G310 Atlas Dawn (Romer G)

Rexus Legionare MX5.1 (Content Browns)

Mice:

Logitech G602

Logitech G502 Lightspeed
Steelseries Rival 105

Logitech M330

Headset:

Logitech G430 
Cooler Master MH 752

Aside from what @Chris Pratthas already said I'd like to add that a 1000W PSU is kinda overkill. If this was me I'd go with a 750-800W unit. Something like the Corsair RM750 should do fine.

Please mention or quote me if you want a response. :) 

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

A 240Hz monitor is also pointless at 1440p unless you plan on getting an RTX 3090. A regular 144Hz/165Hz should be cheaper.

35 minutes ago, Dolstein said:

samsung-27-curved-gamingskjerm-odyssey-g7 this is the screen I want to use along with the PC. 

Personally I like the monitor choice.

9 minutes ago, Chris Pratt said:

You can pair the 3900X with a good B550, even

If you can't wait, I agree with @Chris Pratt

9 minutes ago, Oswin said:

have you considered waiting for ampere, zen 3 and big navi?

I absolutely agree with @Oswin if you can wait, you should do so.

@Dolstein finally, is it not feasible for you to purchase the discrete parts and build the system yourself? You'll likely save money in doing so and be able to put that money back into the equipment.

2 minutes ago, burh4n said:

finally, is it not feasible for you to purchase the discrete parts and build the system yourself?

pretty sure OP is buying these parts separately 

44 minutes ago, Dolstein said:

This are the parts I have so far picked. Komplett dont have the biggest selection for some of these parts. 

G502 Lightspeed Review

PC:

Spoiler

i5-6400

GIGABYTE GA-H110M-DS2

SEAGATE 2TB HDD

FUJISTU F300 240GB SSD

CORSAIR CX750M

Laptop:

Spoiler

Acer Nitro 5
i5 8300h
GTX 1050 4Gb
12 Gb RAM

128 Gb SSD

1 Tb HDD

Peripherals:

Spoiler

Keyboard:

Mice:

Logitech G602

Logitech G502 Lightspeed
Steelseries Rival 105

Logitech M330

Headset:

Logitech G430 
Cooler Master MH 752

2 minutes ago, Oswin said:

pretty sure OP is buying these parts separately 

Gotya, I did take a quick look at the site and it seemed like it was primarily a system integrator but it does look like components can also be purchased directly.

Thanks for good feedback! 

If now isn't a good time to buy, when would be the ideal time? a month or two? also, I find the part about building it myself amusing, although frightening. Need to look at a couple of guides for that I guess, but you are correct, it would be cheaper! 

The build is supposed to be upgradable in the future, so is a 1000 PSU not needed for the next 5 or 6 years? 

I am smitten on the Ryzen 3900x, although will it be able to run along with the newest and best GPUs, such as the RTX 3090 line? 

As for motherboard, is it the same what I buy as long as it fits? I Would like high quality when it comes to temperature, cooling, airflow etc. 

If you have any suitable builds that are upgradable come future and can support the newest CPU and GPU along with good cooling, I would appreciate it! 

6 minutes ago, burh4n said:

Gotya, I did take a quick look at the site and it seemed like it was primarily a system integrator but it does look like components can also be purchased directly.

correct! although it requires you to fill a slot with a component instead of leaving it empty. Meaning you have to pick from their selection. 

30 minutes ago, Oswin said:

welcome to the forums!

have you considered waiting for ampere, zen 3 and big navi? considering your budget, buying now isnt really a good idea.

Thanks! 

I understand the ampere and Big Navi are being released this fall. would it be more ideal to wait until November buying a GPU? 

21 minutes ago, lee32uk said:

A 240Hz monitor is also pointless at 1440p unless you plan on getting an RTX 3090. A regular 144Hz/165Hz should be cheaper.

The plan now is to get the Ryzen 9 3900x along with one of the new GPUs coming this fall. That that would work no? 

19 minutes ago, burh4n said:

Personally I like the monitor choice.

If you can't wait, I agree with @Chris Pratt

I absolutely agree with @Oswin if you can wait, you should do so.

@Dolstein finally, is it not feasible for you to purchase the discrete parts and build the system yourself? You'll likely save money in doing so and be able to put that money back into the equipment.

So if I buy the components now, wait for the new GPU later this fall, and assemble it myself, that would be the most ideal? Thanks for feedback! 

4 minutes ago, Dolstein said:

Thanks! 

I understand the ampere and Big Navi are being released this fall. would it be more ideal to wait until November buying a GPU? 

nvidia is holding an event at september 1st, so its better to wait if you can

G502 Lightspeed Review

PC:

Spoiler

i5-6400

GIGABYTE GA-H110M-DS2

SEAGATE 2TB HDD

FUJISTU F300 240GB SSD

CORSAIR CX750M

Laptop:

Spoiler

Acer Nitro 5
i5 8300h
GTX 1050 4Gb
12 Gb RAM

128 Gb SSD

1 Tb HDD

Peripherals:

Spoiler

Keyboard:

Mice:

Logitech G602

Logitech G502 Lightspeed
Steelseries Rival 105

Logitech M330

Headset:

Logitech G430 
Cooler Master MH 752

34 minutes ago, Chris Pratt said:

10900, especially non-K is a horrible value. You'd be much better off with a 3900X. Better performance and cheaper as well. Plus, you don't need that expensive Z490 motherboard. You can pair the 3900X with a good B550, even. Even if you stick with Intel, you don't pair a non-K chip with a Z motherboard. The whole point is overclocking.

Thanks for feedback! 

Say I go with 3900x and a B550 motherboard, will it be good enough for the new line of GPUs hitting the streets this fall? 

Just now, Oswin said:

nvidia is holding an event at september 1st, so its better to wait if you can

Ok, thanks! 

3 minutes ago, Dolstein said:

Ok, thanks! 

also if you are waiting till november, big navi and zen 3 would either already be announced or announced soon.

G502 Lightspeed Review

PC:

Spoiler

i5-6400

GIGABYTE GA-H110M-DS2

SEAGATE 2TB HDD

FUJISTU F300 240GB SSD

CORSAIR CX750M

Laptop:

Spoiler

Acer Nitro 5
i5 8300h
GTX 1050 4Gb
12 Gb RAM

128 Gb SSD

1 Tb HDD

Peripherals:

Spoiler

Keyboard:

Mice:

Logitech G602

Logitech G502 Lightspeed
Steelseries Rival 105

Logitech M330

Headset:

Logitech G430 
Cooler Master MH 752

Just now, Oswin said:

also if you are waiting till november, big navi and zen 3 would either already be announced or announced soon.

I have not heard about Big Navi or Zen 3, I will have to do some research, but thanks for the tip! I am leaning over to building it myself, taking my time. This way I can build everything besides GPU before November, then buy it when it gets out. 

3 minutes ago, Dolstein said:

I have not heard about Big Navi or Zen 3, I will have to do some research, but thanks for the tip! I am leaning over to building it myself, taking my time. This way I can build everything besides GPU before November, then buy it when it gets out. 

they are rumored to be released shortly after ampere, imo just wait for the releases and purchase all of the parts then.

G502 Lightspeed Review

PC:

Spoiler

i5-6400

GIGABYTE GA-H110M-DS2

SEAGATE 2TB HDD

FUJISTU F300 240GB SSD

CORSAIR CX750M

Laptop:

Spoiler

Acer Nitro 5
i5 8300h
GTX 1050 4Gb
12 Gb RAM

128 Gb SSD

1 Tb HDD

Peripherals:

Spoiler

Keyboard:

Mice:

Logitech G602

Logitech G502 Lightspeed
Steelseries Rival 105

Logitech M330

Headset:

Logitech G430 
Cooler Master MH 752

5 minutes ago, Oswin said:

they are rumored to be released shortly after ampere, imo just wait for the releases and purchase all of the parts then.

What are the benefits of waiting until their release in relation to buying other components such as cabinet, ram, CPU, SSD etc? 

24 minutes ago, Dolstein said:

Thanks for feedback! 

Say I go with 3900x and a B550 motherboard, will it be good enough for the new line of GPUs hitting the streets this fall? 

A 3900X is frankly overkill just for gaming purposes. You could easily drop down to 3600 and still be perfectly fine. I was just going with the closest thing to the 10900.

It's also worth mentioning if you want the new cards that as of yet we don't know how important PCIe 4.0 will be. The new Nvidia cards will definitely be PCIe 4.0 (AMD cards already are), but they may not need more than 3.0. However, if they do actually take advantage of PCIe 4.0, then you definitely want to avoid Intel for the time being, as they're still stuck on PCIe 3.0.

CPU: AMD Ryzen 9 5900X · Cooler: Artic Liquid Freezer II 280 · Motherboard: MSI MEG X570 Unify · RAM: G.skill Ripjaws V 2x16GB 3600MHz CL16 (2Rx8) · Graphics Card: ASUS GeForce RTX 3060 Ti TUF Gaming · Boot Drive: 500GB WD Black SN750 M.2 NVMe SSD · Game Drive: 2TB Crucial MX500 SATA SSD · PSU: Corsair White RM850x 850W 80+ Gold · Case: Corsair 4000D Airflow · Monitor: MSI Optix MAG342CQR 34” UWQHD 3440x1440 144Hz · Keyboard: Corsair K100 RGB Optical-Mechanical Gaming Keyboard (OPX Switch) · Mouse: Corsair Ironclaw RGB Wireless Gaming Mouse

4 minutes ago, Dolstein said:

What are the benefits of waiting until their release in relation to buying other components such as cabinet, ram, CPU, SSD etc? 

just to clarify, zen 3 is ryzen 4000 series CPUs

motherboard prices may be different then, but if you can find deals on them (along with the other parts like ssd, ram, case) then it might not be a bad idea

G502 Lightspeed Review

PC:

Spoiler

i5-6400

GIGABYTE GA-H110M-DS2

SEAGATE 2TB HDD

FUJISTU F300 240GB SSD

CORSAIR CX750M

Laptop:

Spoiler

Acer Nitro 5
i5 8300h
GTX 1050 4Gb
12 Gb RAM

128 Gb SSD

1 Tb HDD

Peripherals:

Spoiler

Keyboard:

Mice:

Logitech G602

Logitech G502 Lightspeed
Steelseries Rival 105

Logitech M330

Headset:

Logitech G430 
Cooler Master MH 752

13 minutes ago, Chris Pratt said:

A 3900X is frankly overkill just for gaming purposes. You could easily drop down to 3600 and still be perfectly fine. I was just going with the closest thing to the 10900.

It's also worth mentioning if you want the new cards that as of yet we don't know how important PCIe 4.0 will be. The new Nvidia cards will definitely be PCIe 4.0 (AMD cards already are), but they may not need more than 3.0. However, if they do actually take advantage of PCIe 4.0, then you definitely want to avoid Intel for the time being, as they're still stuck on PCIe 3.0.

I understand, so we dont know yet if 3900 is needed for the new GPUs. However, there are no downsides to buying the 3900 instead of the 3600 besides price?

17 minutes ago, Oswin said:

just to clarify, zen 3 is ryzen 4000 series CPUs

motherboard prices may be different then, but if you can find deals on them (along with the other parts like ssd, ram, case) then it might not be a bad idea

Oh! i didn't know, thanks for clarifying. Then I catch you drift, I might as well wait until late November buying essentials. Thanks! 

1 minute ago, Dolstein said:

Oh! i didn't know, thanks for clarifying. Then I catch you drift, I might as well wait until late November buying essentials. Thanks! 

oh and if you were wondering, big navi are the rx 6000 series cards

G502 Lightspeed Review

PC:

Spoiler

i5-6400

GIGABYTE GA-H110M-DS2

SEAGATE 2TB HDD

FUJISTU F300 240GB SSD

CORSAIR CX750M

Laptop: