Random Crahes

KinKaray

Hello guys, I need help

My PC (description bellow) is randomly crashing. Sometimes under load, other times at idle. I did no overclock, or underclock. I've tried the XMP on, XMP off, 2 sets of memory, reseated the cooler, new thermal paste and everything, but keeps crashing at random. Doesn't show any blue screen or anything, it just restarts out of the blue.

Processor: AMD Ryzen 5 3600 @ stock

Memory: 16GB (2x8) DDR4 - 3000Mzh (But no XMP on, so it is at 2666) a-Data

Graphics Card: Sapphire Radeon RT 5700XT

1 M.2 SSD

1 SSD

2 Sata HDD

Power Supply: Corsair CX750M

Mother Board: B450 Aorus M

Any help will be apreciated!

5 minutes ago, KinKaray said:

Hello guys, I need help

My PC (description bellow) is randomly crashing. Sometimes under load, other times at idle. I did no overclock, or underclock. I've tried the XMP on, XMP off, 2 sets of memory, reseated the cooler, new thermal paste and everything, but keeps crashing at random. Doesn't show any blue screen or anything, it just restarts out of the blue.

Processor: AMD Ryzen 5 3600 @ stock

Memory: 16GB (2x8) DDR4 - 3000Mzh (But no XMP on, so it is at 2666) a-Data

Graphics Card: Sapphire Radeon RT 5700XT

1 M.2 SSD

1 SSD

2 Sata HDD

Power Supply: Corsair CX750M

Mother Board: B450 Aorus M

Any help will be apreciated!

Instead of trying to investigate if your hardware is to blame; I would recommend dualbooting into a properly updated Linux Distro and see if you face the same issues, that way we can more easily isolate the source of the issue.
Obviously... if you are already utilizing Linux as your OS; do it backwards (get into Windows even if Windows 7 just for a test) and/or try another Distro with a different foundation.

I am not an expert by any means, but this is what I would attempt.

13 hours ago, AngeI said:

Instead of trying to investigate if your hardware is to blame; I would recommend dualbooting into a properly updated Linux Distro and see if you face the same issues, that way we can more easily isolate the source of the issue.
Obviously... if you are already utilizing Linux as your OS; do it backwards (get into Windows even if Windows 7 just for a test) and/or try another Distro with a different foundation.

I am not an expert by any means, but this is what I would attempt.

Angel, hello,

Well, I got a Live USB from Ubuntu, it ran (didn't make it run too much), but I wanted, just to check, to do some kinda of test, is it possible? And as you can see, I don't know much about Ubuntu (Or Linux as a hole) to do it by my self... Or do you recommend a Dual Boot and then test it!?

8 hours ago, KinKaray said:

Angel, hello,

Well, I got a Live USB from Ubuntu, it ran (didn't make it run too much), but I wanted, just to check, to do some kinda of test, is it possible? And as you can see, I don't know much about Ubuntu (Or Linux as a hole) to do it by my self... Or do you recommend a Dual Boot and then test it!?

I recommend that you dualboot into it, yes. And use it for your usual tasks wherever feasible to do so.
If it crashes just alike Windows, then we have a hardware or BIOS issue.

@KinKaray

😒 Yeah, I have reservations about that power supply, but your motherboard's vrm's according to firsthand accounts ain't all that great. 

The B450 Aorus M has a fake 8 phase Vcore VRM. It’s a doubled four phase (and not a good one either).

I had this motherboard for 6 months before giving up on it. The VRM runs HOT (90C after 5 minutes of 100% cpu load). I ended up having to zip tie a 40mm fan to it to keep it from thermally shutting down.

🙁 Mind you, it could be other things as well, like bad ram, but I wouldn't be surprised if you end up having to do what this dude did to keep it cool. This motherboard would kick rocks if this were me though. I'd be looking for another motherboard with vrm's that isn't going to cry the blues as soon as you put it under load. Screw all that crap about blowing a fan on it. It either comes out the box ready to rock and roll, or it can rock and roll its ass the hell up out my house. Gigabyte was actually under fire for false advertising this motherboards vrm set up by various reviewer's (as the dude I quoted above also mentioned). They eventually caved and changed the description to what it actually is, so that says a lot about its actual quality to me. 

System Specs

• CPU
    AMD Ryzen 7 5800X
  • Motherboard
    Gigabyte AMD X570 Auros Master
  • RAM
    G.Skill Ripjaws 32 GBs
  • GPU
    Red Devil RX 5700XT
  • Case
    Corsair 570X
  • Storage
    Samsung SSD 860 QVO 2TB - HDD Seagate B arracuda 1TB - External Seagate HDD 8TB
  • PSU
    G.Skill RipJaws 1250 Watts
  • Keyboard
    Corsair Gaming Keyboard K55
  • Mouse
    Razer Naga Trinity
  • Operating System
    Windows 10