Loss of FPS from I7 to I9

Cpt_Poopie_Pants
Go to solution Solved by Cpt_Poopie_Pants,

So the issue was software based. After I did a windows cloud restore it made my system come back to life. IDK if it was the version i was using or what but now everything is as it should be!

I did a BIOS reset as well as a CMOS reset and removed the ASUS intelligent Processor 3 from my PC. Even stranger when i open CPUZ its showing my CPU running at 5.0GhZ. So that tells me theres some residual files on here from the AI Suite. 

I have played BF4 and the FPS issue is still there but not a bad, and while playing COD 2019 my FPS actually went up! at this point im thinking that it is a software issue and the hard part is tracking the fucker down. as for now ill try and search for any AI Suite files left over and see if that helps but any direction on how to get my CPU back the OEM speeds would be great.

|Intel I9 9900K || Asus ROG STRIX Z390-E GAMING || Corsair Vengeance RGB Ram 3600 || Corsair 1000k watt PSU || Kraken AIO || NVIDIA ASUS RTX 4070 TI Strix  || Samsung 970 EVO 250gb M.2 SSD || Samsung 860 EVO 1tb SSD |

On 8/27/2020 at 12:52 PM, Maldax said:

What PSU are you using? Could be pushing a 500W one?

i have a 1K watt PSU.

|Intel I9 9900K || Asus ROG STRIX Z390-E GAMING || Corsair Vengeance RGB Ram 3600 || Corsair 1000k watt PSU || Kraken AIO || NVIDIA ASUS RTX 4070 TI Strix  || Samsung 970 EVO 250gb M.2 SSD || Samsung 860 EVO 1tb SSD |

I just noticed an update for my bios and installed it but the system is still showing OC numbers even though ASUS is uninstalled. How do i get rid of that crap!? lol

vlfpmx-6.png

So the issue was software based. After I did a windows cloud restore it made my system come back to life. IDK if it was the version i was using or what but now everything is as it should be!