Hitron Coda 4582 vs buy my own?

Skreedles

My ISP provides me with a Hitron Coda 4582 modem wifi router. I’m wondering if it is worth it to buy my own wifi router. This one seems to have horrible signal. 

Just looking off the specs it doesn't look bad, but if you found that it has poor coverage, I would consider trying a different router to see if the coverage problem is with the provided router or something else like interference.  If you are paying a monthly fee for it I would definitely buy your own. 

7 hours ago, Skreedles said:

My ISP provides me with a Hitron Coda 4582 modem wifi router. I’m wondering if it is worth it to buy my own wifi router. This one seems to have horrible signal. 

You dont want to hook a router to a router. So either you're going to have to put what you currently have in bridge mode, or use the second router as an access point, OR buy your own modem and router. 

I just want to sit back and watch the world burn. 

1 hour ago, Donut417 said:

You dont want to hook a router to a router. So either you're going to have to put what you currently have in bridge mode, or use the second router as an access point, OR buy your own modem and router. 

They told me I can go and get a modem from them and return my router. 

8 hours ago, The_russian said:

Just looking off the specs it doesn't look bad, but if you found that it has poor coverage, I would consider trying a different router to see if the coverage problem is with the provided router or something else like interference.  If you are paying a monthly fee for it I would definitely buy your own. 

I am paying a monthly fee for the router. 

1 hour ago, Skreedles said:

They told me I can go and get a modem from them and return my router. 

Some ISPs only have combo units. Hopefully yours is not one of them, because I only know of one American ISP who still issues standard cable modems. 

I just want to sit back and watch the world burn. 

50 minutes ago, Donut417 said:

Some ISPs only have combo units. Hopefully yours is not one of them, because I only know of one American ISP who still issues standard cable modems. 

Im Canadian. We’re back in the Ice age up here.