Good Headphones without mic $30-40 range

Russel Johnson

I made thread a few weeks ago asking for a pair of headphones for gaming in the $20-30 range. I went ahead and spent $40 on the Audio Technica M30s.

The headphones sound great and they offer clear sound unlike my old Turtle Beach x12's.

The only problem with the m30's I had which lead me to returning them is the pressure on my ears. The cushions arn't thick enough to keep my ears from touching the inside.

I need something that has more cushion, has sound as good as the m30's and good build quality since I had bad experiences with my turtle beach x12's breaking.

I order on Amazon because of their easy return policy.

Sony MDR

The Panasonic headphones look good, but I feel like I can shed a bit more money for better headphones. They look too cheap to actually be good.

They're somewhat well known for sounding good, but I think you'd be disappointed by the build quality. Hence the superlux recommendation. :)

They're somewhat well known for sounding good, but I think you'd be disappointed by the build quality. Hence the superlux recommendation. :)

The reason I'm staying away from the Superlux is because I play a lot of FPS games and those are supposed to have ear piercing highs.

How about something in the $50 price range?

The reason I'm staying away from the Superlux is because I play a lot of FPS games and those are supposed to have ear piercing highs.

The "ear-piercing highs" are supposedly fixed in the EVO version. I never used the original 681s so I cannot compare them but I have no problems with highs on my EVOs.

The Pioneer SE-A1000 is $55...

Yup, EVOs, are as name implies evolutionary step, only better. Both sound and design. And same price! :=) awesome deal.

Yes, I'm now interested in the Evo's. Part of the reason why I break my headphones is the wire and either my chair caughting up in them, or someone tripping over them, I like how the cable pulls out.

Well for solid build go monoprice 108323 then

Well for solid build go monoprice 108323 then

I just ordered the Evo's I can stop the order but what should i go with? The monoprice of the Evo's both look good to me. What would be best for gaming.

I just ordered the Evo's I can stop the order but what should i go with? The monoprice of the Evo's both look good to me. What would be best for gaming.

for gaming, evos

for gaming, evos

Well thanks everyone, I got the white ones. They'll look great with my 600T white edition :D Tired of Black.

Have you looked into different ear pads for the M30's?

I don't think they're removable.

I don't think they're removable.

All earpads are removable, but I don't think new pads will help make M30's comfortable.

Either way, I returned them to amazon and already ordered the Evo's

Well i had the EVOs for a few days now and I love them, I can wear them for 12 hours without any kind of pain. The demi open back design also helps a lot with gaming, makes the sound feel a lot more natural, I've only had the chance to use closed back headphones and I gotta say open back is the way to go.