Iphone 5 Lightning Cable Issue?

.Im#NuMBeR1

I'm having a few issues with my lightning cable. For some reason there seems to be "creases" in the cable starting to appear and its as if it's stopping the cable from charging my iPhone. I'm unsure what the actual cause or issue is exactly but could be due to everyday use of the cable. Not sure.

As these "creases" at the end of the lightning cable appear to show more signs of use it's as if the charging is being...interupted? Sometimes when the cable is moved, nudged or touched it'll stop charging and re-initiate the charge? :blink:

2Hsuy3I.jpg

RgHYSK9.jpg

Any advice for this is highly appreciated.

Thats just a common thing with usb cables. Your phone charges slightly bent, and not perfectly straight hence the creasing. 

I would guess it's because Apple uses an insanely thin material to cover the cable. chances are that it got stretched somehow and possible pulled some of the internal connections out. (Hence it only charging in a certain position)

My advice:

Buy a 3rd party cable that uses a proper casing. It should be thick enough that it won't do that anymore. (Or waste your money on a new Apple one)

Try bringing it back to an apple store.

Something similar happened to my iphone earbuds or whatever they called it.  I went back and got them replaced for free.  I gave them my iPhone Serial number, they looked it up, and obviously since iPhone 5 has not been out for a whole year, I was still under the 1 year warranty that they have.

I just said. Hey - I have to wiggle the cable around to get audio to work. Gimme a new one. And they did.

Since the lightning adapter is not even a year old, you probably could do the same.

With third-party cables, is the rumours that have been around fake, where the cable has some alleged "security feature" ?

With third-party cables, is the rumours that have been around fake, where the cable has some alleged "security feature" ?

I don't think there is a way to have a passive cable have some security feature, you should probably look into buying a cheap alternative cable

I've tried cheap cables from phone stores, specifically one named "Phone Solutions" in Loughborough, UK and it kept discharging my iPhone. :o

Have you tried another original cable? There might be a problem with the connections on your phone

I have 2 legit original Apple cables, one fails to keep the charge going (it disconnects/reconnects a lot if moved) and another is (atm) OK. Just kinda worried about the crease in it. The third-party cable is at my sisters flat, as I use that one when I'm at hers. She has my old iPhone 4. I gave her it the day I got my iPhone 5.

Edited by .Im#NuMBeR1