Custom Keycaps

I have a local brand keyboard NYK K-01, and i think the keycaps is pillar switches (just guessing). Does Anyone knows where to find some custom of pillar switches

my cute beast : i3 - 530 3.2GHz | Gt 240 4gb | msi h55m-e21 | samsung 2x2GB | toshiba 500GB 7200 | greatwall 400W | unknown standart case from 2010 | Lenovo thinksvision L197 | Digital Alliance Meca 8 TKL | Digital Alliance Luna X2 | Shady chinese Headphone (but the sounds is good)

i know its old and have some crappy part, but it can run crysis tho.

Hey there. The NYK K-01 Legion uses rubber dome switches. Unfortunately, unlike mechanical switches, there isn't a standard slider design or keycap mount for rubber domes, so finding compatible keycaps for your particular board would be pretty difficult. If (emphasis on the uncertainty of "if") your board uses Topre rubber domes, however, some vendors do sell Topre-slider keycaps.

Would like to reiterate that there isn't an industry standard for rubber dome keycaps, and the NYK K-01 Legion's product site doesn't specify what kind of rubber domes they're using. Best to double-check your board for compatibility. I believe your keyboard comes with a keycap puller (along with 8 bonus keycaps?). Should be simple enough to remove one keycap to see the slider design underneath, or to check the keycap stem of one of the bonus keycaps.

正直に生きる、一度きりの人生だから

Keeb Weeb LinksCustom Mechanical Keyboards | #KeebWeebClub

'Chew Builds: Hoshī (PC) | Okashī (PC) | K-4398 (Keeb) | Eighty #391 (Keeb) | R2-968 (Keeb) | MGK64 (Keeb)

8 hours ago, Eschew said:

Hey there. The NYK K-01 Legion uses rubber dome switches. Unfortunately, unlike mechanical switches, there isn't a standard slider design or keycap mount for rubber domes, so finding compatible keycaps for your particular board would be pretty difficult. If (emphasis on the uncertainty of "if") your board uses Topre rubber domes, however, some vendors do sell Topre-slider keycaps.

Would like to reiterate that there isn't an industry standard for rubber dome keycaps, and the NYK K-01 Legion's product site doesn't specify what kind of rubber domes they're using. Best to double-check your board for compatibility. I believe your keyboard comes with a keycap puller (along with 8 bonus keycaps?). Should be simple enough to remove one keycap to see the slider design underneath, or to check the keycap stem of one of the bonus keycaps.

yes there is a keycap puller in the package and when i pull out one of the key, the keycap stem is like this :

Spoiler

unnamed.jpg.f59d5dec60d632109d61df810bf65747.jpg

so there is no custom key for my keyboard except some DIY stuff ?

my cute beast : i3 - 530 3.2GHz | Gt 240 4gb | msi h55m-e21 | samsung 2x2GB | toshiba 500GB 7200 | greatwall 400W | unknown standart case from 2010 | Lenovo thinksvision L197 | Digital Alliance Meca 8 TKL | Digital Alliance Luna X2 | Shady chinese Headphone (but the sounds is good)

44 minutes ago, naughtybitch37 said:

yes there is a keycap puller in the package and when i pull out one of the key, the keycap stem is like this :

Hide contents

unnamed.jpg.f59d5dec60d632109d61df810bf65747.jpg

so there is no custom key for my keyboard except some DIY stuff ?

Ah, many thanks for the photo. I appreciate the informative visual. 👍

Hm. I could be mistaken, but that keycap looks like it has an integrated mount to me (the keycap stem extends beyond the bottom of the keycap, yes?). The unfortunate news is I'm not aware of any vendors that sell after-market keycaps for that kind of switch, let alone custom ones.

DIY is a feasible option if you have easy access to a 3D printer and plastic materials, or if you can commission someone else to do it for you. Blank keycaps would be easiest to print; not sure how well 3D printed keycaps with legends will turn out. But for the time, money, and/or headaches invested in a custom project, you might as well spend it on a keyboard with mechanical switches (market for MX-style keycaps is comparatively larger, and some vendors offer custom-designed legends). ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Alternatively, you could modify the 8 bonus keycaps that came along with your keyboard.

正直に生きる、一度きりの人生だから

Keeb Weeb LinksCustom Mechanical Keyboards | #KeebWeebClub

'Chew Builds: Hoshī (PC) | Okashī (PC) | K-4398 (Keeb) | Eighty #391 (Keeb) | R2-968 (Keeb) | MGK64 (Keeb)

• 2 weeks later...
On 8/24/2020 at 8:58 AM, Eschew said:

Ah, many thanks for the photo. I appreciate the informative visual. 👍

Hm. I could be mistaken, but that keycap looks like it has an integrated mount to me (the keycap stem extends beyond the bottom of the keycap, yes?). The unfortunate news is I'm not aware of any vendors that sell after-market keycaps for that kind of switch, let alone custom ones.

DIY is a feasible option if you have easy access to a 3D printer and plastic materials, or if you can commission someone else to do it for you. Blank keycaps would be easiest to print; not sure how well 3D printed keycaps with legends will turn out. But for the time, money, and/or headaches invested in a custom project, you might as well spend it on a keyboard with mechanical switches (market for MX-style keycaps is comparatively larger, and some vendors offer custom-designed legends). ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Alternatively, you could modify the 8 bonus keycaps that came along with your keyboard.

well thanks for the information bro, appreciate it 👌