"Error 0x800703ee" Every time I try to update Windows

Adorable Cat

I'm currently on Windows 10 1809, and I want to update to 1909 and then 2004 so I can install the Xbox Gamepass stuff and play flight simulator (pretty irrelevant to the problem). When I run the Xbox Installer and begin the windows update with Windows 10 Update Assistant, it'll eventually fail saying "we can't tell if windows has enough space to continue installing windows 10", though it obviously does (my Windows drive still has 468GB free space). Trying to update through Windows Update and not the Update Assistant returns "There were problems installing some updates, but we'll try again later. Feature update to Windows 10, version 1909 - Error 0x800703ee".

I've tried just about every solution I see online: Installing through an ISO file, unplugging every drive except my OS drive, and running file checking stuff like SFC to check for corrupted files and none of it has helped. The one problem I did notice is that my OS drive didn't have a System Reserved partition for some reason, so I created one (by using windows built in drive manager, making some unallocated space, then creating a 700MB partition named "System Reserved" and not assigning it a drive letter) but that also didn't help.

pl0x fellow tech tippers help thanks

Specs: CPU: AMD Ryzen R7 3700X @4.4Ghz, GPU: Gigabyte RX 5700 XT, RAM: 32 GB (2x 8GB Trident Z Royal + 2x 8GB TForce Vulkan Z) @3000Mhz, Motherboard: ASRock B550m Steel Legend, Storage: 1x WD Black 1Tb NVMe (boot) + 1x Samsung 860 QVO 1Tb SSD (storage), Case: Thermaltake Core V21, Cooler: Noctua NH-D15

This issue usually occur due to:

1) Outdated driver software
2) USB controller driver

You can try these methods to fix this problem:

1) Update outdated driver
2) Fix USB controller driver
3) Enable Windows Backup and Volume shadow copy services
4) Deleteing the filter drivers from your registry
5) Run SFC command
6) System restore

Idea take from https://www.winosbite.com/how-to-fix-0x800703ee-error-when-copying-to-external-storage/