Good second monitor for gaming

TheGrylix

I already have a acer nitro vg270up 1440p 144hz ips monitor as my main. I chose it because of good colors, but response times really aren‘t that good for gaming.

Now I‘m looking for a second 1440p 144hz adaptive sync ips monitor. It should have pretty good colors so its usable as a second working monitor (rendering and editing tasks) but I would mainly use it for games.

What are some good options in the 350-450$ range?

LG gl83a-b is the best ips at $370-80 and not even really close in that price range imo.

8 hours ago, BuckyBallin said:

LG gl83a-b is the best ips at $370-80 and not even really close in that price range imo.

What‘s the difference between this and the lg gl850-b? Specs and pricing seem identical where i live.

Gl850 has a nano coating on the panel that lets you use 10 bit color and a usb hub

15 minutes ago, BuckyBallin said:

Gl850 has a nano coating on the panel that lets you use 10 bit color and a usb hub

The GL83a-b has, according to rtings.com, 10bit as well. Or does it only at reduced refresh rates?

Oh yeah I was mistaken I knew it was something to do with color, it's sRGB vs DCI-P3 and they're both 10 bit, sorry. That difference isn't worth the extra $120 in the USA but if you're in a different place where they cost the same may as well get the gl850 then? Do they even fall in your budget?

On 8/23/2020 at 8:52 PM, BuckyBallin said:

Oh yeah I was mistaken I knew it was something to do with color, it's sRGB vs DCI-P3 and they're both 10 bit, sorry. That difference isn't worth the extra $120 in the USA but if you're in a different place where they cost the same may as well get the gl850 then? Do they even fall in your budget?

Yeah, the budget isn‘t that tight. For the same money I‘ll order both and keep the one which has the better colors, since that‘s kind of a lottery. Sadly the GL83 is as expensive as the GL850 here in germany and not the other way around lol.