cpu not working after restart

my cpu is not working if i restart it no display and also if i tried to force shut down in power button and open again it doesnt work no display i need to do was off and on in psu to make it work again what is the problem

sorry for my bad english btw 

Try and clear the cmos. 

15 seconds touch cmos jumpers together

Or remove the coin battery for 10 minutes.

Or both.

Turn off or unplug the power supply first.

Is it a new CPU or have you been using it for a while?

I would also suggest clearing CMOS. If you don't know where your CMOS jumper or coin battery is, you can look in your motherboard's manual or google it for your motherboard. 10 full seconds is enough for either removing the battery or jumping.

11 hours ago, AdvilLobotomite said:

Is it a new CPU or have you been using it for a while?

I would also suggest clearing CMOS. If you don't know where your CMOS jumper or coin battery is, you can look in your motherboard's manual or google it for your motherboard. 10 full seconds is enough for either removing the battery or jumping.

did not work for me and i have no jumper cap they said screw driver is enough and so i did put my screw driver in 2 metals for like 10 seconds and i removed my cmos for like a minute and guess what it cleared my cmos and run perfectly fine at first after that i tried to restart and it is still the same no signal its a new motherboard for like 1 week from now maybe my hard drive is the problem ? or my motherboard is broken  or maybe my os is broken  ? 

12 hours ago, ShrimpBrime said:

Try and clear the cmos. 

15 seconds touch cmos jumpers together

Or remove the coin battery for 10 minutes.

Or both.

Turn off or unplug the power supply first.

any idea i tried it maybe my os ? it cleared my cmos at start up and run perfectly at start it is just when i restart no signal

1 minute ago, Sheanfabs said:

any idea i tried it maybe my os ? it cleared my cmos at start up and run perfectly at start it is just when i restart no signal

List your system specs. 

Include the PSU make and model.

Please

31 minutes ago, ShrimpBrime said:

List your system specs. 

Include the PSU make and model.

Please

Msi A320m pro max

Ryzen 5 3600

Rtx 2060 super

2x8gb ddr4 3200 mhz

1tb hardrive 

Cv550 +80 bronze

at first of using it like 3 or 4 days of my new pc it can restart but the 5th day i tried to use a-xmp profile 2 and enable virtualization nvm i think and yeah i change my ram to 2400 to 3200 mhz and my hardrive is never been formatted since i changed my pc my previous pc was i5 4460 ddr3 1866 mhz and gtx 750ti and i used ddu on it and i completely removed it my new pc use my old hdd with os and files

29 minutes ago, Sheanfabs said:

Msi A320m pro max

Ryzen 5 3600

Rtx 2060 super

2x8gb ddr4 3200 mhz

1tb hardrive 

Cv550 +80 bronze

at first of using it like 3 or 4 days of my new pc it can restart but the 5th day i tried to use a-xmp profile 2 and enable virtualization nvm i think and yeah i change my ram to 2400 to 3200 mhz and my hardrive is never been formatted since i changed my pc my previous pc was i5 4460 ddr3 1866 mhz and gtx 750ti and i used ddu on it and i completely removed it my new pc use my old hdd with os and files

Yea the Xmp profile could be causing the issue. I would test at defaults see how it goes.

5 minutes ago, ShrimpBrime said:

Yea the Xmp profile could be causing the issue. I would test at defaults see how it goes.

well i think without xmp i cant use dragon app from msi to undervolt the cpu voltage to not make it hot and make my fan speed 100% and ofcourse i only use stock cooler what xmp do just rams only right ? 

and sorry for my bad english 

1 minute ago, Sheanfabs said:

well i think without xmp i cant use dragon app from msi to undervolt the cpu voltage to not make it hot and make my fan speed 100% and ofcourse i only use stock cooler what xmp do just rams only right ? 

and sorry for my bad english 

English is good. I understand you.

The memory frequency only changes when enabled XMP.

However some other settings left on auto may change to compensate such as cpu soc voltage and memory voltage. 

You have a mostly basic board. So memory is the only thing you can overclock with A320 chipset.

Your cpu is ok up to 95c. Adjust your fan curve to help with heat issues. Can also upgrade the cooler, but I dont think you need to do that honestly.

5 hours ago, Sheanfabs said:

Msi A320m pro max

Ryzen 5 3600

Rtx 2060 super

2x8gb ddr4 3200 mhz

1tb hardrive 

Cv550 +80 bronze

Hope below procedure might work but if not, please let me know what worked.

==> First go with default settings for BIOS.

==> You can enable XMP or other advanced bios settings later when you have your hard rive formatted and loaded with fresh OS and stable windows.

==> Your old hard disk has OS with configuration for your old hardware and not the new one though the windows might have tried to optimise and load default drivers for your new hardware, the performance might differ because the registry entries and libraries differ.

==> See if formatting and booting your computer with fresh OS works.

==> if you are worried about your data in your old hard drive do not let windows USB bootable to format your disks but just load the selected OS. You will still have old files available subject to available space to load new OS in same partition or drive.

14 hours ago, azam57 said:

Hope below procedure might work but if not, please let me know what worked.

==> First go with default settings for BIOS.

==> You can enable XMP or other advanced bios settings later when you have your hard rive formatted and loaded with fresh OS and stable windows.

==> Your old hard disk has OS with configuration for your old hardware and not the new one though the windows might have tried to optimise and load default drivers for your new hardware, the performance might differ because the registry entries and libraries differ.

==> See if formatting and booting your computer with fresh OS works.

==> if you are worried about your data in your old hard drive do not let windows USB bootable to format your disks but just load the selected OS. You will still have old files available subject to available space to load new OS in same partition or drive.

i think hdd is the problem here or just the os or maybe my board i tried removing cmos and putting screw in jbat1 for like 10sec in jumper and 10mins in battery and tried putting screw too inside the cmos for like 10 sec too and i tried to make the bios settings default and i cant enter bios without removing the hdd before i can enter and now i reformatted it i cleared all of my files and now no signal i need to force shutdown and turn off and on the psu to continue the reformat and im gonna try the media creation tool from windows to fix this thing up reinstall it i hope it works

18 hours ago, ShrimpBrime said:

English is good. I understand you.

The memory frequency only changes when enabled XMP.

However some other settings left on auto may change to compensate such as cpu soc voltage and memory voltage. 

You have a mostly basic board. So memory is the only thing you can overclock with A320 chipset.

Your cpu is ok up to 95c. Adjust your fan curve to help with heat issues. Can also upgrade the cooler, but I dont think you need to do that honestly.

got any idea i tried everything removing cmos for a minute putting screw driver in jbat1 for like 10 sec and i turned off my xmp and make the bios settings default i reformat my pc and also i tried to do the bootrec something command in cmd i just followed in youtube doesnt work for me and this time im going to use media creation tool from windows to reinstall windows instead of reformat i hope it works my last hope if did not work do you think my hdd is the problem or the motherboard orrrr the psu well my psu is brand new 

1 hour ago, Sheanfabs said:

got any idea i tried everything removing cmos for a minute putting screw driver in jbat1 for like 10 sec and i turned off my xmp and make the bios settings default i reformat my pc and also i tried to do the bootrec something command in cmd i just followed in youtube doesnt work for me and this time im going to use media creation tool from windows to reinstall windows instead of reformat i hope it works my last hope if did not work do you think my hdd is the problem or the motherboard orrrr the psu well my psu is brand new 

Well if you the a drive prevents the system from booting, disconnect it from the system. But not likely the issue, but if it posts up without the drive, you can suspect the drive being the issue.

Any time a board fails to start, you clear the cmos as the fail safe especially if it's due to enabling xmp.

1 minute ago, ShrimpBrime said:

Well if you the a drive prevents the system from booting, disconnect it from the system. But not likely the issue, but if it posts up without the drive, you can suspect the drive being the issue.

Any time a board fails to start, you clear the cmos as the fail safe especially if it's due to enabling xmp.

well it boot up always fine it is just only when restarting its not booting up no signal i need to force powerbutton and turn off the psu and on to make it work if i did not turn off and on the psu it wont work again so i need to do that to make my pc work i can get to bios but i need to remove the hdd first to get in bios 

5 minutes ago, Sheanfabs said:

well it boot up always fine it is just only when restarting its not booting up no signal i need to force powerbutton and turn off the psu and on to make it work if i did not turn off and on the psu it wont work again so i need to do that to make my pc work i can get to bios but i need to remove the hdd first to get in bios 

Sounds like a motherboard issue, but could be anything that would prevent a restart.

25 minutes ago, ShrimpBrime said:

Sounds like a motherboard issue, but could be anything that would prevent a restart.

well the seller said it is brand new and i bought it in aug 17 so im talking to the seller the situation and straightly ask me for my psu but is working fine it is also brand neww 

Just now, Sheanfabs said:

well the seller said it is brand new and i bought it in aug 17 so im talking to the seller the situation and straightly ask me for my psu but is working fine it is also brand neww 

You can link this thread to the seller to prove you're trying to diagnose the issue. This will help support a warranty or refund.

New boards come in a sealed box with everything. Did you receive the board as new??

8 minutes ago, ShrimpBrime said:

You can link this thread to the seller to prove you're trying to diagnose the issue. This will help support a warranty or refund.

New boards come in a sealed box with everything. Did you receive the board as new??

yes i did receive the board at new 

10 minutes ago, Sheanfabs said:

yes i did receive the board at new 

Then a warranty should be no problem.

13 minutes ago, ShrimpBrime said:

ohhh i forgot i bought this on august 13 so between this two my old hdd or the motherboard ?? im using my pc right now and tried to restart not workinggg again and i did the thing as usual this is sooo frustrating i dont wanna destroy my pc from force shutdown in power button in first 5 days its working i can restart now i cant maybe you are right cause from xmp but i turn it on in the first 3 days and working fine 

4 minutes ago, Sheanfabs said:

ohhh i forgot i bought this on august 13 so between this two my old hdd or the motherboard ?? im using my pc right now and tried to restart not workinggg again and i did the thing as usual this is sooo frustrating i dont wanna destroy my pc from force shutdown in power button in first 5 days its working i can restart now i cant maybe you are right cause from xmp but i turn it on in the first 3 days and working fine 

The board should restart either way. Xmp on or off, that shouldn't be an issue.

1 minute ago, ShrimpBrime said:

The board should restart either way. Xmp on or off, that shouldn't be an issue.

now im asking the seller to change the board or i refund its just only days not months of using or change a new better motherboard like b450 by adding more money  

6 minutes ago, Sheanfabs said:

now im asking the seller to change the board or i refund its just only days not months of using or change a new better motherboard like b450 by adding more money  

Not a bad idea.

Good luck.

21 hours ago, ShrimpBrime said:

Not a bad idea.

Good luck.

since the trusted seller is not responding even though it is always active for 5 minutes it is really frustrating the seller is not even chatting me at alllll i give a review 1 stars can i ask it is okay to force shutdown power button if my pc cant restart it doesnt hurt my pc component right ?or it is ? if its hurting my hdd im ok with it i turn off the fast start up and i hope it works and next time i will try to bios update does it void my warranty ? to the board ?