S340 elite psu shroud rattling

sercasti

Sorry, but I'm out of ideas. 

I have an S340 elite cases and it's psu shroud will often start rattling with a very loud noise that's super annoying.

If I just push it down with my finger, it will stop for a while, but it always comes back.

The shroud is riveted, so no way of moving it, any ideas?

I recorded a video where you can hear the noise very clearly, specially at the 7 second timestamp

https://youtu.be/3j-KccpEass

Thanks in advance!

On 8/22/2020 at 12:24 AM, sercasti said:

Sorry, but I'm out of ideas. 

I have an S340 elite cases and it's psu shroud will often start rattling with a very loud noise that's super annoying.

If I just push it down with my finger, it will stop for a while, but it always comes back.

The shroud is riveted, so no way of moving it, any ideas?

I recorded a video where you can hear the noise very clearly, specially at the 7 second timestamp

https://youtu.be/3j-KccpEass

Thanks in advance!

Is there a hard drive or something mechanical near it that couples to it like a fan or such? If it vibrates slightly and just at the correct speed to match the resonance it will cause pretty loud vibration.

13 hours ago, W-L said:

Is there a hard drive or something mechanical near it that couples to it like a fan or such? If it vibrates slightly and just at the correct speed to match the resonance it will cause pretty loud vibration.

Not really. The only moving parts are 2 case fans on the top of the case, and the psu internal fan. I'll put rubber washers on the case fans just in case, but nothing I can do about the psu fan. Thanks for your answer

3 hours ago, sercasti said:

Not really. The only moving parts are 2 case fans on the top of the case, and the psu internal fan. I'll put rubber washers on the case fans just in case, but nothing I can do about the psu fan. Thanks for your answer

Make sure that PSU is sitting flat down on the pads of the bottom of the case to ensure you don't have a bunch of potential weight just hanging from the rear bolts. If forst comes to worst you can try setting up a small block of foam under it to see if that alleviates the vibration.