Freesync On Nvidia GPU ?!

Defonten

Hello guys. I have a question regarding freesync on nvidia video cards.
Yes, it means I have an LG 29WK600-W monitor (with freesync support) And there is a GTX 1080Ti EVGA FTW3.  The monitor and video card are connected via the Display Port cable. In the Nvidia driver there is a tab "G-Sync Settings" where all the checkboxes are where necessary. But the problem is that when I enter any game, my FPS is not limited (in my case, 75 Hz) I have to enable VSync in the game itself so that the FPS did not rise higher and there were no picture breaks. The actual question is how to configure everything correctly?

4 minutes ago, Defonten said:

But the problem is that when I enter any game, my FPS is not limited (in my case, 75 Hz

Freesync doesn't limit your framerate, you've got to do it another way - obvious choice is enabling V-Sync or Fast Sync, however you can also use software to do that, I believe RivaTuner Statistics Server has that feature.

CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 5800X3D GPU: AMD Radeon RX 6900 XT 16GB GDDR6 Motherboard: MSI PRESTIGE X570 CREATION
AIO: Corsair H150i Pro RAM: Corsair Dominator Platinum RGB 32GB 3600MHz DDR4 Case: Lian Li PC-O11 Dynamic PSU: Corsair RM850x White

7 minutes ago, Defonten said:

Hello guys. I have a question regarding freesync on nvidia video cards.
Yes, it means I have an LG 29WK600-W monitor (with freesync support) And there is a GTX 1080Ti EVGA FTW3.  The monitor and video card are connected via the Display Port cable. In the Nvidia driver there is a tab "G-Sync Settings" where all the checkboxes are where necessary. But the problem is that when I enter any game, my FPS is not limited (in my case, 75 Hz) I have to enable VSync in the game itself so that the FPS did not rise higher and there were no picture breaks. The actual question is how to configure everything correctly?

Freesync is an adaptive sync technology. It does not limit fps it dynamically adjusts the refresh rate of the monitor to match the fps it is getting within the range it supports to prevent tearing. Fps limiting is done in game with vsync or an fps cap option.

You can limit the game framerate using RivaTuner app (comes with MSI Afterburner).

BTW how's the monitor? I've been wanting to buy it myself prob this month. Are the HDR, freesync and picture quality good?

1 hour ago, AldiPrayogi said:

You can limit the game framerate using RivaTuner app (comes with MSI Afterburner).

BTW how's the monitor? I've been wanting to buy it myself prob this month. Are the HDR, freesync and picture quality good?

I have been using the monitor for a year already. Everything suits me. The picture quality is excellent. The IPS matrix shows itself to the fullest. HDR works correctly at least in all games where it is present, it is detected without problems and can be turned on. Freesink is, you just need to connect through the Displays Port.