no turbo

zxcbn

hi guys . i cant seem to get my 10700k to turbo to higher than 4.69 . i have z490 prime p mother board and in bios i have asus multicore enhancement enabled and SVID behavior on auto .

42 minutes ago, zxcbn said:

hi guys . i cant seem to get my 10700k to turbo to higher than 4.69 . i have z490 prime p mother board and in bios i have asus multicore enhancement enabled and SVID behavior on auto .

There may be problems that could be fixed.  I don’t know how to OC 10th gen.  If there turn out not to be I can offer one thought:

10700k has known binning issues.  It’s a 10900k that binned so poorly they turned two cores off.  This is a reason the 10600k is more liked.  With a 10600 they turn 4 cores off but apparently due to how things work this apparently produces a higher number of good chips.  I understand there are ways to look at what each individual core is doing.  You might want to look at that. If you’ve got only 1 or two cores keeping you from a good OC there might me something that can be done. 

Not a pro, not even very good.  I’m just old and have time currently.  Assuming I know a lot about computers can be a mistake.

Life is like a bowl of chocolates: there are all these little crinkly paper cups everywhere.