Picking the right size monitor

krep

I normally stick to the rule of between 22" and 27" for a gaming only monitor. Usually any bigger and it takes up more than your field of view making you have to turn your head to see specific HUD elements. Kind of curious what other think though.

2-3 24" monitors, it is definitely the perfect size for a decent desktop. If you lack space (in the form of depth) though 21.5"-22" may be more desirable though.

I prefer around 24".. Any larger and with where I sit I have to turn my head to look at the whole screen, which I really dislike.

To me, it depends on what type of monitor you will be purchasing.

If you are going to get a 1440p display, then opt for a larger monitor since you will be able to purchase much fewer of them.

If you are going to get a 1080p display, then opt for a few different smaller monitors since they are much cheaper.

//ccap

I prefer around 24".. Any larger and with where I sit I have to turn my head to look at the whole screen, which I really dislike.

although this it true to me aswell, if i had one of those 50-60" tvs that can actually be controlled and curved, that would make for awesome gaming as every part of the monitor is the same distance away from you... 

The Beast [Case -  Corsair 750D CPU - I5 4670k @ 4.3ghz 1.2V CPU cooler - Hyper 212 evo Mobo - MSI g45 z87 RAM - G.Skill Z series 4*4@1866mhz GPU - Gigabyte windforce 3x r9 290 Storage - SSD, samsung 840 evo 120gb HDD, Western Digital Blue 1tb PSU - SilverStone Strider silver 80+ 750WPeripherals [Monitor - ASUS VS239 IPS 23" Keyboard - Corsair K95 Mouse - Mad Catz RAT 7]

although this it true to me aswell, if i had one of those 50-60" tvs that can actually be controlled and curved, that would make for awesome gaming as every part of the monitor is the same distance away from you... 

I got the chance to look at once actually. While they sound great in theory... They uhh... Don't really hold up. Partially for the reason that you said. Another reason is because games are NOT MADE FOR THAT. Skyrim looked weird :\

I got the chance to look at once actually. While they sound great in theory... They uhh... Don't really hold up. Partially for the reason that you said. Another reason is because games are NOT MADE FOR THAT. Skyrim looked weird :\

hmm yeah but if that was an option over a multi monitor setup( assuming the multi monitors was purely for gaming) then that may be a better option as you dont need to be fussy with the bezel widths and trying to get 2*23" or even 3*23" on a desk :L

but yes id imagine it look very weird indeed as picture would be curved, if they could make it so the monitor itself was curved yet the picture wasnt distorted itself i think itd be better

The Beast [Case -  Corsair 750D CPU - I5 4670k @ 4.3ghz 1.2V CPU cooler - Hyper 212 evo Mobo - MSI g45 z87 RAM - G.Skill Z series 4*4@1866mhz GPU - Gigabyte windforce 3x r9 290 Storage - SSD, samsung 840 evo 120gb HDD, Western Digital Blue 1tb PSU - SilverStone Strider silver 80+ 750WPeripherals [Monitor - ASUS VS239 IPS 23" Keyboard - Corsair K95 Mouse - Mad Catz RAT 7]