New Setup. Just started to get temp warnings

dv_damian57

This is a new setup. I have a water cool system from Corsair installed (H100i). I boot up the pc today and started to get errors/warnings like this. I also included in the attch the asus monitoring tool and the corsair monitoring tool numbers. wth? 

post-59530-0-53958900-1393979529.png

post-59530-0-38640000-1393979561.png

post-59530-0-10024600-1393979578_thumb.p

Just ignore them... Those are way off.

Main rig on profile

VAULT - File Server

Spoiler

Intel Core i5 11400 w/ Shadow Rock LP, 2x16GB SP GAMING 3200MHz CL16, ASUS PRIME Z590-A, 2x LSI 9211-8i, Fractal Define 7, 256GB Team MP33, 3x 6TB WD Red Pro (general storage), 3x 1TB Seagate Barracuda (dumping ground), 3x 8TB WD White-Label (Plex) (all 3 arrays in their respective Windows Parity storage spaces), Corsair RM750x, Windows 11 Education

Sleeper HP Pavilion A6137C

Spoiler

Intel Core i7 6700K @ 4.4GHz, 4x8GB G.SKILL Ares 1800MHz CL10, ASUS Z170M-E D3, 128GB Team MP33, 1TB Seagate Barracuda, 320GB Samsung Spinpoint (for video capture), MSI GTX 970 100ME, EVGA 650G1, Windows 10 Pro

Mac Mini (Late 2020)

Spoiler

Apple M1, 8GB RAM, 256GB, macOS Sonoma

Consoles: Softmodded 1.4 Xbox w/ 500GB HDD, Xbox 360 Elite 120GB Falcon, XB1X w/2TB MX500, Xbox Series X, PS1 1001, PS2 Slim 70000 w/ FreeMcBoot, PS4 Pro 7015B 1TB (retired), PS5 Digital, Nintendo Switch OLED, Nintendo Wii RVL-001 (black)

So, you're CPU and MB are freezing. Hmmmm...

It's just AI Suite, I had that problem before, nothing to worry about. (Unless you live in an igloo or something)

Just ignore them... Those are way off.

So, you're CPU and MB are freezing. Hmmmm...

It's just AI Suite, I had that problem before, nothing to worry about. (Unless you live in an igloo or something)

I figure it would be an issue with the stupid Asus tool....DAMN YOU ASUS ;)  Is there any updates that correct this? or is this a known issue with this tool? First time using it for me

I figure it would be an issue with the stupid Asus tool....DAMN YOU ASUS ;)  Is there any updates that correct this? or is this a known issue with this tool? First time using it for me

I don't really know, I've stopped using it ages ago. I just use HWMonitor for temp readings and all that.

I don't really know, I've stopped using it ages ago. I just use HWMonitor for temp readings and all that.

I use HWMonitor for temp readings as well, great program.

Specs:  CPU- AMD FX 8320 @ 3.5Ghz Cooler: Hyper 212 Evo Motherboard: GIGABYTE GA-990FXA-UD3 GPU -EVGA GeForce GTX 970 4GB Superclocked  RAM- 16GB 1600MHz (4x4)  HD- Western Digital Blue Hard Drive 1TB  PSU - Corsair CX 750M Case: Corsair 300R OS-  Windows 7 Home Premium 64 bit Mouse: Razer Deathadder 2013 Keyboard: Razer Blackwidow Ultimate Edition 2013 

Use HWMonitor. Pretty reliable, even on AMD.

Main rig on profile

VAULT - File Server

Spoiler

Intel Core i5 11400 w/ Shadow Rock LP, 2x16GB SP GAMING 3200MHz CL16, ASUS PRIME Z590-A, 2x LSI 9211-8i, Fractal Define 7, 256GB Team MP33, 3x 6TB WD Red Pro (general storage), 3x 1TB Seagate Barracuda (dumping ground), 3x 8TB WD White-Label (Plex) (all 3 arrays in their respective Windows Parity storage spaces), Corsair RM750x, Windows 11 Education

Spoiler

Intel Core i7 6700K @ 4.4GHz, 4x8GB G.SKILL Ares 1800MHz CL10, ASUS Z170M-E D3, 128GB Team MP33, 1TB Seagate Barracuda, 320GB Samsung Spinpoint (for video capture), MSI GTX 970 100ME, EVGA 650G1, Windows 10 Pro

Mac Mini (Late 2020)

Spoiler

Consoles: Softmodded 1.4 Xbox w/ 500GB HDD, Xbox 360 Elite 120GB Falcon, XB1X w/2TB MX500, Xbox Series X, PS1 1001, PS2 Slim 70000 w/ FreeMcBoot, PS4 Pro 7015B 1TB (retired), PS5 Digital, Nintendo Switch OLED, Nintendo Wii RVL-001 (black)

You should post temps from some working programs instead of those two.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

So I downloaded the software you guys recommended. No temp issues. Is funny cause I had created a tkt before posting here with ASUS and this was their response. 

please run another temp monitor software 

post-59530-0-38563500-1394027877.png

I have similar concerns, these two Screens were taken at exactly the same time while the PC idles.

HW Temp CPUID

HW Temp ASUS AI

On a physical inspection It would seem to me that ASUS has it right as the air from the radiator is quite cool.
It looks like something funky was done to the sensors, AI suite has a bad reputation but works well for me, most of the time.

So I downloaded the software you guys recommended. No temp issues. Is funny cause I had created a tkt before posting here with ASUS and this was their response.

96C is *NOT* no temp issues.

Try openHWmonitor, verify that these are real temps.  If they are, find out what is blazing at almost 100c and fix it post haste!

I am a female pc hardware expert and enthusiast, over 170 IQ, been in the tech scene since the 80s. get over it.  This message brought to you by me being tired of people which have problems with any of those things.   ~Jaqie Fox

-=|Fighting computer ignorance since 1995|=-

I have similar concerns, these two Screens were taken at exactly the same time while the PC idles.

On a physical inspection It would seem to me that ASUS has it right as the air from the radiator is quite cool.
It looks like something funky was done to the sensors, AI suite has a bad reputation but works well for me, most of the time.

When you run two programs at the same time like that, they tend to mess each other up.

96C is *NOT* no temp issues.

Try openHWmonitor, verify that these are real temps.  If they are, find out what is blazing at almost 100c and fix it post haste!

AMD temp sensors almost never work right, so I wouldn't worry about it.

Main rig on profile

VAULT - File Server

Spoiler

Spoiler

Mac Mini (Late 2020)

Spoiler

AMD temp sensors almost never work right, so I wouldn't worry about it.

Yes, they do, you just have to set the proper offset.  Newer AMD cpus switched to a differential temperature instead of an absolute temperature, and the diff is different for nearly every cpu, it's a PITA to find the proper diff, but once you have and know to set it, the temps are correct almost always.

ref: http://www.silentpcreview.com/article191-page2.html

I am a female pc hardware expert and enthusiast, over 170 IQ, been in the tech scene since the 80s. get over it.  This message brought to you by me being tired of people which have problems with any of those things.   ~Jaqie Fox

-=|Fighting computer ignorance since 1995|=-

There is no change in either of them weather I load them individually or at the same time, Speed fan and all other apps agree with HWMonitor, this has been like this since I built this PC.

I know of issues about running more than one hardware monitor it really messes with my FRAPS recording but has never changed the readouts.

I can repost with them loaded separately but I can assure you there not effecting each others readouts.

I would be very interested to see a documented case where one hardware monitoring app has managed to change the results of another. I been doing this a while and yet to see that.

• 1 month later...

So I did some more research online and it looks like HWmonitor has some issues reporting the correct temp on TMPIN3. Downloading openHWmonitor now