My aorus AD27QD chage to 120hz and YCBCR Color

krlos1823

Hi i have two monitors one is the aorus AD27QD  and the other is a samsung c24fg70 both to displayport to a strix 2080ti, sometimes my main display (aorus AD27QD) change to 120hz and YCBCR Color i need to disconnect the monitor to get batck to 144hz and rgb color, i have mi gpu conected to a PCI-E cable extensor because a i use a vertical gpu mount, also i use gsync on my main display, the error happens when some games open or when i turn of and on back the computer, i get noticed because the image looks a little pixelated, sorry for my bad english i live in mexico

Because someone reading this may also need to look up YCBCR: https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/YCbCr

you say you have gsynch enabled on your main monitor only (the aorus) which is the one having the issue.  Is there anything else that differentiates the two monitors? Cabling type for example? 

Not a pro, not even very good.  I’m just old and have time currently.  Assuming I know a lot about computers can be a mistake.

Life is like a bowl of chocolates: there are all these little crinkly paper cups everywhere.

3 hours ago, Bombastinator said:

Because someone reading this may also need to look up YCBCR: https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/YCbCr

you say you have gsynch enabled on your main monitor only (the aorus) which is the one having the issue.  Is there anything else that differentiates the two monitors? Cabling type for example? 

no, display port 1.2 on both, i already change to new cables and the problem still persist

5 hours ago, krlos1823 said:

no, display port 1.2 on both, i already change to new cables and the problem still persist

Poking in the dark a bit here.  120hz and that color system are both lower bandwidth than the other options.  I don’t know if it’s a monitor specific thing where the monitor is just doing that because of how it’s hardware works or if for some reason it can’t get enough bandwidth so it reverts to those trying to reach a state where it has enough bandwidth to do its thing.

Not a pro, not even very good.  I’m just old and have time currently.  Assuming I know a lot about computers can be a mistake.

Life is like a bowl of chocolates: there are all these little crinkly paper cups everywhere.

3 hours ago, Bombastinator said:

Poking in the dark a bit here.  120hz and that color system are both lower bandwidth than the other options.  I don’t know if it’s a monitor specific thing where the monitor is just doing that because of how it’s hardware works or if for some reason it can’t get enough bandwidth so it reverts to those trying to reach a state where it has enough bandwidth to do its thing.

that what i guessed, but i try 2 diferent cables and de bug still happen something, sometimes when i start the computer or when i playing someting in fullscreen and i minimize the game and change window, im using a display port 1.2 cable, im using a pci extensor because that come with the coolermaster vertical gpu mount kit.