Spilled water on motherboard

Hi guys, 

So yesterday I spilled some drinking water from a bottle, while cleaning up my table. I ran down stairs, then came back and saw at screen black, and when I looked in down my pc, there was a tiny drop of water on the motherboard. My pc was open due to the fact that I had just vacuumed it. It was not ordinary tap water, but cold water we bought in the store with ‘source water’ on it. The fan was kind of acting weird, where it would spin then stop continuously. I turned it off, plugged out the power cable, then cleaned the drop of water. Then I turned it back on, the fan was spinning again and there was a white light on the side of the motherboard shining. But that was all.

I dried it and waited 24 hours and tried again today but still only a spinning fan and the white light on the motherboard. The EZ debug light was shining on CPU. I re-input the cpu chip with no results. I took out the ddr and saw a white little wire sticking out. Don’t know if this happend during the incident or before, and I haven’t experienced any issues before.

This pc is now 6 months old, and has a

MSI Z-390 Pro motherboard

Intel 9400f CPU

1x G-skill 16GB DDR4 

Nvidia Geforce GTX 1660
Corsair CX550M Poert supply

Thanks,

Pull the cmos battery.

Dry the rig 24-48 hours.

Cross fingers.

That is all.

You killed it when you turned it back on. You can wash your motherboard in water without any consecuesnes, if you let it dry. The damage occurs when electricity is flowing through the components. Not recommend it tho

MOTHERBOARD: ASRock H97 Pro4 CPU: Intel Core i5-4460 @3.30 Ghz Intel Xeon E3-1271v3 @4.00 Ghz RAM: 32Gb (4x8Gb) Kingstone HyperX Fury DDR3@1600 Mhz (9-9-9-27)

GPU: MSI 390 8Gb Gaming Edition PSU: XFX TS 650w Bronze Enermax Revolution D.F. 650w 80+ Gold MOUSE: Logitech G502 Proteus Spectrum KEYBOARD: Monokey Standard Suave Blue

STORAGE: SSD Samsung EVO 850 250Gb // HDD WD Green 1Tb // HDD WD Blue 4Tb // HDD WD Blue 160Gb CASE: Fractal Design Define R5 Windowed OS: Windows 11 Pro x64 Bit

MONITORS: Samsung CFG7 C24FG7xFQ @144hz // Samsung SyncMaster TA350 LT23A350 @60hz Samsung Odyssey G7 COOLER: Noctua NH-D15

Yes, I thought it wouldnt really matter because it was just one tiny little drip that fell on it. I cleaned it off, waited maybe 30 mins then turned it back on. But you’re saying the motherboard is useless now? 

3 minutes ago, Velja said:

You can even dip it in rice for a day or two

Even after having turned on the thing already? 

6 minutes ago, Sjshid said:

Even after having turned on the thing already? 

Well there is a good chance that its dead.. but i know some times electronics can survive water, you have videos on YT about it.. linus Dell laptop, jayztwocents  1650 GPU
so yea even it was turned on i would try to dip it in rice in a dry environment or even in the Sun and leave it for a day or two (just if you leave it on sun dont leave it on the rain XD)

Also if you see any burn mark it prob dead then...

2 minutes ago, Velja said:

Also if you see any burn mark it prob dead then...

There are no marks at all, looks like it’s brand new still really hehe

Just now, Sjshid said:

There are no marks at all, looks like it’s brand new still really hehe

Then try to leave it and pray.. thats all you can do really...