Displayport ?'s for Acer Predator XB3 - 27

tjrose91

I'm pretty sure i only have DP 1.2 cables and Windows Reports that the screen refresh rate is 120hz in the advance display settings and also in the display adapter properties 

do i need to upgrade to a 1.4 DP cable for 120 hz or is 1.2 fine for now until i can get a 1.4 version of the DP cable since  I'm sure this monitor supports HDR but would i need a DP cable 1.4 to experience all the features 

50 minutes ago, tjrose91 said:

I'm pretty sure i only have DP 1.2 cables and Windows Reports that the screen refresh rate is 120hz in the advance display settings and also in the display adapter properties 

do i need to upgrade to a 1.4 DP cable for 120 hz or is 1.2 fine for now until i can get a 1.4 version of the DP cable since  I'm sure this monitor supports HDR but would i need a DP cable 1.4 to experience all the features 

I think DP 1.2 support 4h 120hz just not at 10 bit and HDR (and you only need 10 bit for HDR anyway, a monitor typcially default to 8 bit unless you manually adjust it setting)

1 hour ago, e22big said:

I think DP 1.2 support 4h 120hz just not at 10 bit and HDR (and you only need 10 bit for HDR anyway, a monitor typcially default to 8 bit unless you manually adjust it setting)

monitor on the options menu states HDR 400

19 hours ago, tjrose91 said:

monitor on the options menu states HDR 400

not on the monitor option menu, in Windows