75 fps vs 100 fps

dfsgsfa

expecting a 144hz monitor only getting around 100fps in AAA titles, how much better is 100fps over 75fps (monitor cap) ? ?

can some one share your experience

i wouldn't recommend getting a high refresh rate monitor unless you can actually reach the refresh rate with your hardware. i'd stick with the 75hz until you upgrade your PC to push at least 144fps

🌲🌲🌲

◒ ◒ 

6 minutes ago, BlueScope819 said:

Crank down your settings just a tiny bit and enjoy.

so i should prioritize fps to ~120fps over vedio quality?

shall i be worried my eyesight degrade too fast and wasted a potential good setup?

2 minutes ago, Arika S said:

i'd stick with the 75hz until you upgrade your PC to push at least 144fps

yes, every build starts with monitor, everything else will be bound by this choice.

I just tried and I really can't tell the difference between 75 and 100hz. 75-144hz is a major difference though

CPU: Ryzen 5 5600x  | GPU: GTX 1070 FE | RAM: TridentZ 16GB 3200MHz | Motherboard: Gigabyte B450 Aorus M | PSU: EVGA 650 B3 | STORAGE: Boot drive: Crucial MX500 1TB, Secondary drive: WD Blue 1TB hdd | CASE: Phanteks P350x | OS: Windows 10 | Monitor: Main: ASUS VP249QGR 144Hz, Secondary: Dell E2014h 1600x900

Yeah, after replacing my desktop 60hz monitor with a 144hz one, the difference was really visible...

Anyway, if you want to, you can overclock your monitor with the cru utility (i was able to get a 96hz refresh rate on my acer nitro 5 laptop!) so even if you get a cheap monitor, you don't need to buy a new one to get higher refresh rates!

11 hours ago, Username404 said:

, if you want to, you can overclock your monitor with the cru utility

i already did, looks like 75hz is as far as i can go for now